Shell Optimax - what's the hard evidence?

Cheesy Mike

Optimax - fact or fiction?

I sometimes put a tank of Optimax in my R1150GS. I wish I could put it in all the time but there aren't any Shell stations near to where I live and they aren't that frequent when I'm on the road.

I have noticed a difference when I run with Optimax. The bike is smoother and it sounds different. I think it may be more economical as well. But all these are more like feelings rather than firm scientific measurements.

I read all the bumpf on Shell's website ( www.shelloptimax.co.uk ) and I've seen what other people have said in this forum and what Honest John says in the Daily Telegraph on Saturdays. But what is the truth? Is there any hard evidence anywhere? Has anyone done a Dyno test or MPG calculations when running Optimax?

Maybe the fact that I think it is better for my bike is all the evidence I need.

Mike

Fact

"Maybe the fact that I think it is better for my bike is all the evidence I need"

Me too ~ wots the prob if it works and I think it does inprove my bike and cars performance ~ I will quite happly pay the extra.

G.

Back
Top Bottom