Enduroafrica Raffle

Uinneag

Right I need to get my arse into gear
Enduroafrica is a wee enduro holiday for myself in Sth Africa
This year I am going from Durban over the Transkei down to Port Elizabeth.
The motorcycle I'll be riding a Yamaha AG200 will be handed over to Riders.org
at the end of the trip.

Flights food fuel accom etc is financed by myself:thumb so all money raised will be for the bike itself on which a health worker will be able to look after 50,000 people:eek: in an area the size of Skye no roads remember
Not only skilled medics but enduro Gods to boot

Rather than just asking for money I am raffleing a Lifan gy125 donated by Isle of Skye Windscreens Ltd your no1 choice for windscreens and have sold 80 tickets:( so far which will be drawn on the 11th of August at the Skye pairty.

Look at what you could have won

47b7db39b3127cce8473c7dc2e5200000026100EbNXDVq3Ysa

Tickets are only £1 each, so buy lots.

What Enduro does
voice over by McGregor at
Enduro Africa

Anyone wishing a ticket send a cheque made out to
Enduroafrica

J McMaster
Castle Oonyack
24 Lochbay
Waternish
Isle of Skye
IV55 8GD

Remember to stick your address on so I can send back tickets

How much are the raffle tickets?

How much are the raffle tickets?

£1.00 each buy one and get another for a pound:augie :D

Forgot to put that on the thread:blast

For sponsorship if I can raise £500 before Glen Clova in straight sponsorship I will ride from Donington to Glen Clova in my Kilt rain hail or shine
also will be doing full enduro in my kilt as I said last year if I can provide 2 bikes for health workers I would do Enduro in a Kilt:blast

£1.00 each buy one and get another for a pound:augie :D

Forgot to put that on the thread:blast

For sponsorship if I can raise £500 before Glen Clova in straight sponsorship I will ride from Donington to Glen Clova in my Kilt rain hail or shine
also will be doing full enduro in my kilt as I said last year if I can provide 2 bikes for health workers I would do Enduro in a Kilt:blast

Hope your gonna gaffer tape it to your legs otherwise I may see more of your highness than I want.

I'll have 20 ticket's my lord. Do you want me tae post the gregory or I'll give ya cash when I see you.

:thumb2

Honey Bunny

Me to...20 tickets please. I'll give the dosh to you or Tash ..whomever I am sober enough to remember to give the money to at the GotC. I think you and Tash (when she does hers in a couple years) are fantastic...doing what you do.....I wish I had the guts....
See ya soon
Moo x

Might it be worth asking if everyone includes a stamped addressed envelope so your highness doesn't have to dig into the royal purse to send the tickets out?

I was hoping to be out to play on the West coast tomorrow but I'm off to London to pick up my new bike so I will put a cheque in the post for you next week for 24 normal tickets and 1 winning ticket :)

Catch you another time

AndyT:cool:

Hope your gonna gaffer tape it to your legs otherwise I may see more of your highness than I want.

I'll have 20 ticket's my lord. Do you want me tae post the gregory or I'll give ya cash when I see you.

:thumb2

Whatever suits ones self
Cheque is better made out to Enduroafrica saves the banks getting a cut:thumb

Ah, what the hell! In for a penny...
You did say they were a penny?

Yes 100 of them:D

Me to...20 tickets please. I'll give the dosh to you or Tash ..whomever I am sober enough to remember to give the money to at the GotC. I think you and Tash (when she does hers in a couple years) are fantastic...doing what you do.....I wish I had the guts....
See ya soon
Moo x

Cheers Moo:thumb

Might it be worth asking if everyone includes a stamped addressed envelope so your highness doesn't have to dig into the royal purse to send the tickets out?

Isle of Skye Windscreens have kindly offered to pay postage I've just spoke to the M.D.:augie

I was hoping to be out to play on the West coast tomorrow but I'm off to London to pick up my new bike so I will put a cheque in the post for you next week for 24 normal tickets and 1 winning ticket :)

Catch you another time

AndyT:cool:

Cheers Andy:beerjug: :thumb

Cheque is in the post. Best of luck with your fund raising :thumb2 . Do you have a specific target? Hope to see some pictures here of your route. Used to live in the sticks, 2.5 hours north of Durban and studied in George 3 hours south of PE. I can almost do the trip blind folded, apart from swerving for donkeys, goats, cattle and the odd chicken here and there :eek: !

Would love do to this next year!

Why didn't you mention it at the Inn on Sunday....

I had a few washers in me pocket, now I have to buy a stamp too......:blast

Put me down foe twenty <s>two</s> too. (I'd have bought twenty one but I see AndyT has first dibs on the winning one :( ) I'll despatch my man Aidan :aidan to The Gathering with the necessary folding stuff :thumb2

Good Lord! I've just read this thread for the first time! I could win a fine motorcycle!

How much? A pound each or four for a fiver?

Please PM me in the morning or I'll never remember to send you some money having got through rather too much beer and made good inroads into a bottle of rum... :rolleyes:

Good Lord! I've just read this thread for the first time! I could win a fine motorcycle!

How much? A pound each or four for a fiver?

Please PM me in the morning or I'll never remember to send you some money having got through rather too much beer and made good inroads into a bottle of rum... :rolleyes:

pm'd:thumb

Got this from Andrea Coleman of Riders

Dear Enduro Africa riders and organisers,

I am pleased to be able to take this opportunity to write to you and update you on the progress of the bikes used in Enduro 2006 as Riders Zimbabwe works to get them out into the field where they will deliver vital healthcare to those who desperately need it.

The documentation was cleared by officials in South Africa and Zimbabwe on the 31 January and our headquarters in Harare received the motorcycles you rode on Enduro Africa 2006 that day. Part of the £80,706.22 raised by Enduro will be spent on making sure that the 114 AG200s begin their working lives out there in that harsh environment in the best condition. We have bought all the necessary parts to do that (there was a fair amount of damage ranging from a broken gear box to broken indicator bulbs) and we have bought 85 sets of protective clothing. We have also received a donation of one hundred pairs of boots. Money will be spent on training; upgrading the training of health workers who already ride and then the training of the new riders. It will also pay for the replacement parts to keep the motorcycles at our ‘zero-breakdown’ level and for fuel. We expect the first of the bikes to go ‘into the field’ by the end of this month and the bikes to be fully deployed no later than the beginning of September. This will not be a rapid process but considering the difficulties in Zimbabwe we are delighted with progress. If there are unexpected delays we will let you know.

We already have a log of every motorcycle and in 75% of cases the name of the Enduro rider to whom it belonged, plus the work completed or that will be done to bring it up to standard. We will send you the name of the health worker to whom it will be given, its location and which Riders for Health technician will take care of it. Where possible we will get personal updates from the health workers although, in general that will be hard to do as they are working in remote rural communities across the whole of Zimbabwe. We will be following a number of health workers through their training and we will keep you all informed of their progress.

Many of the highly-trained health workers, men and women, who will now be mobile have been used to walking up to 100 miles a week. Their lives and the lives of the communities whom they serve and who depend on them will be dramatically changed because of what you have done so, on behalf of everyone at Riders for Health, Zimbabwe and in the UK thank you again for your amazing contribution. I hope that you feel very proud of what you have done. And you had fun! Thanks to all the riders and the organisers.

If you would like to visit Riders for Health Zimbabwe please contact us.

Andrea Coleman CEO Riders for Health