Source for Garmin security torx "screwdrivers"?

markie_wales

Reaction score
Hi

Lost mine, and can't seem to find them anywhere. I see I can get a set of secruity torx for a fiver on e-bay, but quite like the little one with the screw on cover / sheath. Tried searching gpsw.co.uk but to no avail.

cheers

Markie

Can't PM you the part number as you are not a site sponsor. If you give an e-mail, I could give that a try.

If BMW do them - that's fine I'll pop into the local dealers next time I'm passing - many thanks.

cheers

Markie

If they're that easy to get hold of, where's the security?

As PanEuropean used to say - it keeps honest people honest - nothing more.

For me it's not about theft, it's more about the additional securing to the mount when riding off road, or generally hooning around - I don't want it coming off!

cheers

Markie

I drove a short distance with the screw loosened the first time I mounted my 2820... Talk about complete distraction!... the power cable would not hold a flying GPS on the bike... it would be on the road, under your rear tyre in a second... I always tighten the screw...

Al...

You might want to change the torx screw all together. No need for a screw driver then.

You can get one over here (zumo + streetpilot series!)
(SP = streetpilot)

schroef6.jpg

http://www.boelis.nl/index_bestanden/Securityscrew.htm

Cheapest I could find:-

<iframe width="90%" height="500" src="http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/3pc-torx-bits-t5-t6-t7-carded"></iframe>

Yes, I just got one of these replacement security screws for the ram mount but er... how do you get the original little screw out? I thought it would just unscrew with the Garmin security screwdriver but it doesn't seem to. Any advice?
thanks
Michael

Yes, I just got one of these replacement security screws for the ram mount but er... how do you get the original little screw out? I thought it would just unscrew with the Garmin security screwdriver but it doesn't seem to. Any advice?
thanks
Michael

Think you maybe confusing the RAM mount and the Garmin cradle. The RAM does offer a RAM-knob3L locking knob (replaces handlever knob) with the Cradle which uses a Torx key to secure the device in the cradle (as with previous Garmin bike cradles) . Please clarify which you mean :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom