Norway

cumbriabeems

Hi

From up north here in Cumbria we can get a ferry from Newcastle to Stavanger, Haugesund, or Bergen.

Would it be possible to land at Stavanger and ride to Bergen and catch the boat back.

What are the roads like etc etc. Would have 2 or 3 days to spare.

Comments please?

David

Hi!
I'm sorry I'm late...

Yes, you can do that!
To ride from Stavanger to Bergen in 2-3 days is not too much. (If I got your question correct.)
But if you want to get the same boat back (leave your toothbrush at the boat) and ride the same distance as the boat at the same time, you need to hurry! :eek:
No, do not try to do that. Even if you make it it would not be a good way to spend the money you have to spend on the ferry ticket.
But let the boat leave, and get the next one back would be OK!

The roads are good in that area. But keep in mind we do not ride as fast as you do in GB! And tourists and ferries and the view - it is not a fast route no matter what route you pick from one of thos places to another.
I suggest you search in this part of the forum http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=228 and see if you can find what you are looking for. I can not tell you all in one reply! :)
Use the 'search'-function in the travel-section.
Keywords for you might be:
Seljestad HAIRPINS!
Haukeli
Lysefjorden
Lysebotn HAIRPINS! The picture here.
Prekestolen
Røldal
Odda
Hardanger
Lofthus
Kinsarvik
Voss
Norheimsund
Rosendal
Stalheim
Stalheimskleiva / Stalheimskleivene HAIRPINS!
and if you go a little furter:
Dalsnibba HAIRPINS!
Geiranger
Øvre Årdal to Turtagrø
Sognefjell (tallest mountains in Norway)

If you want to go from Haukeliseter E134, to Haugesund; -the road Rv.520 Hordatun-Sauda is not for sissies; not possible for two cars to meet in a part of the road, and there is a view where the road are narrow! Do not ride fast here... :thumb2

I hope I helped!

Liv.

Attachments

• Kart Stavanger Lysefjorden 60kb.jpg
    Kart Stavanger Lysefjorden 60kb.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Kart Hardanger.jpg
    Kart Hardanger.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Lysebotn Flyfoto fineste av svingene 54kb.jpg
    Lysebotn Flyfoto fineste av svingene 54kb.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 141
Cheers

Thats a great help. We will not try to catch the same boat. It would be good to explore. Roads look great. Looking forward to the ride.:ukgser

Will ask you more by PM a bit later.

:beer: :guitarist

Sorry Lee, only just seen your post.

Probably going to be small B&B type things in Norway, as its only going to be a couple of nights.

Want to join us?

David

Back
Top Bottom