Advice ...... ABS Malfunction?

mystic

Reaction score
Just returned from month long trip to Morocco ....amazing! .... kicking myself hadn't visited the country before! I'll be back for sure.

The bike (1150GS) didn't miss a beat over 5200 miles, aside from a blown rear tail bulb. However, whilst there the ABS system appears to have developed a fault. The handbook says that alternating red lights whilst riding point to a malfunction in the system. My question, to those who know far more about these things than me, is is this something that can only be dealt with by a BM dealer workshop, or would it be possible for me to rectify? I'm reasonably proficient and do most of my own regular servicing, but sense that maybe this is something that should be left to the"experts"!

Your thoughts / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks John ........... actually found it 10 minutes after my post .... ( moral do a search first! ). Going to try it tomorrow ..... fingers crossed.

Just read your link ..... strange cause my 'alternatate flashing lights' problem also started immediately after dropping the bike on a particularly rough bit of piste!

Problem sorted .....

following the RESET procedure described. If only everything in life was so straightforward! Thanks John, and to Steptoe et al, for freely sharing your pearls of wisdom.
and there was me thinking about having to take out a bank loan before taking the problem to the local BM dealer!

Back
Top Bottom