Morocco in August

MATKAT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thanks Tim et' all

Planning a trip to Morocco after our skirmish in January, Have about a 16 day window for me, but only 10 days for Sue. I plan to ride down via santander, meet Sue at a suitable airport(she will fly down) then do trip Morocco and leave Sue at airport, then i'll ride back.................... help suggestions well recieved. Will be late August:blast Hot I know............... but ya' gotta' go when ya' gotta go:D

EasyJet flies into Marakech, RyanAir into Fes. There's also Atlas Blue, Royal Air Maroc, or British Airways.

In August stick to the coast or the higher altitudes. Marakech, Ouarzazate, and Fes will be no fun at all. You could do a loop with the Tizi n Test pass, the Anti Atlas Mountains and the coastal stretch from Sidi Ifni (below Agadir) as far as Essaouria (above Agadir).

Tim

Thanks Tim

Have decided August to hot.... So looking to do something late in year or January. Reckon Sue will have 5 days in Morrocco.meet here in Fes or Marrakesh. How long to drive through Spain from Santander or Bilboa ............. not hanging about then to meet up in Morocco.just planning but I will probably have 10 days.......is that reasonably doable.
Cheers
Fred.
ps looking forward to your garmin seminar at Horizons:thumb

Morocco

Hi Fred

Others will no doubt chip i too, but Algeciras is doable in a day, but really only if you travel via Bilbao. The boat to Santander tends not to arrive until 10.30 or later and as its 650 miles, either via Madrid (motorway) all the way, or the alternate route via Salamanca it does make for a very long ride. If it has to be one day then I would advise going via Bilbao.

regards

Mike

Yes, Algeciras doable in a long, long day but you will need to overnight in Spain and get ready for the border crossing first thing next day.

Might be worth considering flights to Agadir in January. High Atlas will be cold. Sidi Ifni and east into the Anti Atlas will be warmer and great biking, though that much further south - another 1000k or so. Enjoy.:thumb

We did Bordauex to Algerceris in a day in april on the morocco dash.

Even the 4x4's did it, they arrived Bilbao sunday morning, arrived same time as us in Algerciras 8pm

Hi Fred

Others will no doubt chip i too, but Algeciras is doable in a day, but really only if you travel via Bilbao. The boat to Santander tends not to arrive until 10.30 or later and as its 650 miles, either via Madrid (motorway) all the way, or the alternate route via Salamanca it does make for a very long ride. If it has to be one day then I would advise going via Bilbao.

regards

Mike

But that's 2 nights on a ferry instead of one :( Go via Santander and take 2 days to Algeciras and have a night in Spain instead of on a boat! The total travelling time is exactly the same. :thumb

Fred.....I've still got two spaces left on the November trip and the same on the September trip.....as we discussed on the phone, it might work out well with Sue flying out.

There are at least three or four people riding down on each trip as well, so you could all meet up and cross Spain together :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom