Noob, Zumo and Scotland..

wolfboy

Reaction score
This is going to sound daft but I don't think my 550 has much of scotland installed..? It is a shade uncomfortable as I am heading that way tomorrow..

I enter the name of Fort William and it can't find where it is.. I enter Falkirk and nada, Stirling and he same thing... am I missing something here? Do I have to use an accent or what??

Any pointers would be very welcome. Thanks!

I don’t have a gps, so can’t help on the technical stuff.:nenau
Fort Bill is easy to find.
Go to Scotland, head west and north a bit, follow signs for the A82 and Fort Bill and there it is. :D You will know when you are there, the rain will be on, or the midgies will be out, they were tonight.:eek:
If you need any non tech advice about Fort Bill, gis a shout. :beerjug:

I don't have any problems finding any of the places you named on my 550.

Just to confirm I

press " where to?"
scroll down to second page
press "cities"
press " spell"
type out the name and are then given a list of options usaully before I've finished typing.

If your searching via the "address" search button you have to enter "Scotland" as the country:thumb .

Stumpy

I don't have any problems finding any of the places you named on my 550.

Just to confirm I

press " where to?"
scroll down to second page
press "cities"
press " spell"
type out the name and are then given a list of options usaully before I've finished typing.

If your searching via the "address" search button you have to enter "Scotland" as the country:thumb .

Stumpy

Ditto, mine works as above. Wolfboy, try as Stumpy has explained and report back. Should work ok, if not then zoom out so you can see the area you want to go to, touch the screen in that area (Fort William), then zoom right in to about 0.3 of a mile or less and you should see lots more detail of roads and names etc. If that doesn't work then you probably havent got that area of mapping loaded on the unit.

Let us know how you get on. :thumb

Oh.. my.... gawd...

What a thick b*stard I am..!

I didn't set the country as Scotland....!!!! Arrrrrgghhhh!!!!!

I was wondering why my mate who was using his 3 year old tom tom one had no bother and me with my shiny new Zumo could find b*ggery.. I have just spent 4 days being a 'wingman' as I didn't have the route in my gps..

Thanks everyone for your help.. I am just going to top me self..!!

PS my mate is a proper big brain couldn't work it out either..

PPS Scotland is fantastic.

Off to brora for the week on monday :D got to go in car as it's a big family function & wife will not be happy if i go on the bike :(

Having a go at JOG to LE next week. Starting from S. Devon then London, Redcar, Golspie, JOG (YAA!), Callander, Chester, Morwenstowe (I Hope we can find somewhere), LE Then back via th KTM centre in Diptford (our original starting point. Hoping the rain gods have taken that week off as well. Looking forward to it, this week is dragging somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom