V9 - Cheapest place to buy

plasins

Reaction score
Ok, I missed out on the 2650 deal. Going to Spain in a few weeks time and I want to replace my V7 to V9 on my 2610. Where is the cheapest place to buy the new mapsource?

Thanks in advance,

Vic

The best method is to request an upgrade DVD from Garmin (www.Garmin.com) and when you receive the DVD register for an unlock code ($75)..

If you're going in a couple of weeks though, you might be better off borrowing a DVD from someone in your area (you'll still need to pay for an unlock code online).

Vic Plasins

The best method is to request an upgrade DVD from Garmin (www.Garmin.com) and when you receive the DVD register for an unlock code ($75)..

If you're going in a couple of weeks though, you might be better off borrowing a DVD from someone in your area (you'll still need to pay for an unlock code online).
The update DVD's are serial numbered, does that mean they can only be unlocked a certain no of times? I have v9, and can let you (Vic) borrow it, you may want to phone Garmin Europe (Romsey) and check that this is ok.

You must have an unlock code coded to the GPS unit you want to unlock. You can use the DVD any number of times.

Greg

Gavin,

Thank you for the offer, I will phone Garmin on Wednesday and let you know if it is possible.

Vic

Back
Top Bottom