Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania - any advice?

Craig David

I've been planing the trip for ages and I'm off soon.

The plan is: France, Belgium, Holland (sleep), Germany, Czech Republic (sleep), Slovakia, Hungary (?sleep), Romania.

Anyone done a trip like this?
Any advice?
I'm especially interested in Romania and don't really want to slow down much until Czech Rep at the soonest.

I've done plenty of long bike trips before.

Thanks an advance.

bike ,fuel,cash,pack,

foxtrot oscar:thumb

have a great time dont forget to take pictures .......

make sure jabs up to date and treat water with iodine tabs even stuff in shops.... better drink stuff that taste average to shit than shit more than average

IanF is the man to talk to about Romania - but I can tell you that it's a fantastic place to go. Tons to see and do - we didn't have anything like enough time - but I'd say make sure you visit the Mamamures region in the north, the Bucegi mountains, the Carpathians and of course the Transfigarian Highway - make sure it's open though! (see pic). Brasov, Sighisoara and Bucharest are all worth a gander, but go there for the mountains, unspoilt countyside and the lovely people / customs etc.

If you come in from Hungary, go up to Mamamures region first - it's unbelievable - it's like stepping straight back into how Europe would have been in the middle ages. It's changing fast too, so worth experiencing it like it is while you still can.

I'm jealous - I wish it was me going :eek: :thumb

Pluck

temp001.jpg

Romania

I'm making the same trip,leaving 12th June.Heading to Sibiu for the Red Bull Romaniacs. If you are out there from 16th June perhaps our paths will cross.
Have a good one.:)

I'm making the same trip,leaving 12th June.Heading to Sibiu for the Red Bull Romaniacs. If you are out there from 16th June perhaps our paths will cross.
Have a good one.:)

I leave on June 14th. Well what a co-incidence.

Back
Top Bottom