Clutch life

beakmeister

I know this is not scientific, and depends on many factors, but at what sort of mileage do 1150 clutches need replacing? Mine has done 37,000 and even though it "bites" at the end of the lever travel, seems to be ok, should I start to get worried yet:eek:

It all depends on "what oil" you have in your engine, to completely understand this, PM Tarka, he will go through the oil issue first, then you can work out your estimated clutch life:thumb

:hide

Does it slip???

Mine has 53,000 on it now and when pushed (fast getaways) it slips a little but normal riding is fine. It's done this for the last 6,000 miles and on a day to day basis it naver seems an issue. I am starting to think about a new clutch but will probably wait a bit longer :blast

Worry about stuff that's wrong rather than what will go wrong. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!:thumb2 :thumb2

I know this is not scientific, and depends on many factors, but at what sort of mileage do 1150 clutches need replacing? Mine has done 37,000 and even though it "bites" at the end of the lever travel, seems to be ok, should I start to get worried yet:eek:

Don't fret,unless you abuse the thing you should have plenty of miles left in it yet, mine went around 85,000 and only started slipping due to oil contamination. That said yours will probably go next week! :D

When it does go,you should get plenty of warning.

Cheers

Simon
:beer:

Does it slip???

Mine has 53,000 on it now and when pushed (fast getaways) it slips a little but normal riding is fine. It's done this for the last 6,000 miles and on a day to day basis it naver seems an issue. I am starting to think about a new clutch but will probably wait a bit longer :blast

Worry about stuff that's wrong rather than what will go wrong. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!!!:thumb2 :thumb2

Thanks for that, only joking about the worrying thing:augie

Thanks to all who replied, most comforting reading. So as far as I can see, they don't just "go" and as I have no signs other than the "bite point" being somewhat at the end of the lever I will carry on as normal, smoking the back tyre and lofting the front end skywards at every opportunity:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom