HELP!Route not matching map

HR0

Reaction score
Stuck in Zurich - using Quest One, city navigator Europe V8. The route track does not match the road i am travelling on - or that have been automatically route-generated. Seems to be about one third of a mile off. Error message is: "This route does not match the available maps! It will not follow the roads precisely. Do you want to recalculate it?" However i downloaded all the maps 'tiles'for the selected route. Urgent help - as i still have to go Zurich, Italy, Corsica, South of France and back to the UK via Zurich. Leaving 11.00 hours tomorrow (Sunday), so if you can reply before then, i will be most grateful! Thanks H:bow

Did you personally create the route using the same version of the software as you used to download the maps?

I always get the same problem on my NavII when I am using a route that (e.g.) Fanum has posted up. I just let it recalculate - seems to get me where I'm supposed to be.

it hasn't worked either way. I spent ages selecting my route then down loading the map tiles to cover them. the maps seem to be there ok and you can see the roads clearly when zoomed in but the purple route line is way off.
this is the same for routes by others.
if i recalculate them it seems to select other roads and has dead end spurs which would be very anoying.
a by product of all this is the tracking on the move is v slow and the voice command seems to say turn south or north etc for junctions rather than turn or exit right or left.
I'm totally loss technically and probabley will be geographically !!!!!

Sounds like your missing a map segment and your navigating on the base map. Are you sure you've got all the maps loaded for the area your in?

yeah the map tiles are there, tested with Corsica route which is only one map tile anyway.

looks like i will have to follow road signs !!!!!

looks like i will have to start again when i get home, I have a feeling that there is more to this problem than the mapping, there must be an interlink with the routing system that the 2 aren't "recognising" each other. this is where the 30 litre tank comes in handy....................loads of miles for getting lost !!

good test for my brothers Zumo 550 fresh out of the box !!!!:rolleyes:

anymore ideas welcome

I've had that message, and I think Whattons right. Have a look at THIS THREAD.

I don't think that the track log and message are connected. If you zoom in far enough hardly any track log matches the road exactly - either that, or perhaps you have different version maps on the computer and on the GPS. Are you 100% sure that you have the same version maps on the GPS as you have in Mapsource? :nenau If you right click on a route and click on "Select maps around route" then download the maps to the unit (its faster if you download them to the card) I reckon your message will disappear - it did with me. :thumb2

thanks to all, unfortunately my route problems are on v8 alone - and with routes created within the quest. rather than routes in an old version that didn't transpose to a new version.

but will try the route options "shorter" rather than "fastest" which it may be what its set on ?????

thank tho'

will check back in the morning

yeah the map tiles are there, tested with Corsica route which is only one map tile anyway.
Erm, Corsica route. One map tile?

How did you create the routes?

Did you have a different file for each route, with those tiles selected that covered that route.

Did you then download Route/Waypoint/Map Tiles for each file in turn?

hi clive

before i set off friday pm i had changed my uk map set to that of a map set that covered my route from Calais to Zurich together with a large block of map tiles that covers the swiss, italian, french corner of europe to cover all route eventualities on return and corsica. i have then created the routes in the creating a route option in the quest. I can seee that the routes i have created are within the map tiles dowm loaded but the problem is it straight lines cuts corners and is about a 1/3rd mile out which in town is a real pain, to be honest i hoped that there was an idiots fix that is known for this but it seems not.................so i will use it as a general map saves un folding a real on in the rain !!!!

the corsica one tile bit is that cosica as an island is one map tile and i was trying 3 individual days rotes eg Bastia to Piana then Piana to bonifacio then bonifacio back to bastia mainly using coast road but it doesn't like that won't match up and if i recalculate it it uses inland roads and dead end spurs to get to my way points and vias

i had changed my uk map set to that of a map set that covered my route from Calais to Zurich together with a large block of map tiles that covers the swiss, italian, french corner of europe to cover all route eventualities on return and corsica.
Whilst this is possible on a Quest, depending on how many map tiles you selected, you might be pushing the memory capacity of the Quest beyond the 243MB available, as a consequence you could have missing tiles. You can check for what tiles are loaded by going to Settings menu, select Map Info, this should show City Nav Europe v8. If you now cursor right to select this text rather than the checkbox and press OK this will show all of the map tiles you have loaded.

A visual way of checking this is to zoom out to 200 miles or so, you can then see the border of each loaded tile.

thanks for all the help it is possible that I have over loaded the poor little thing.
others had Zumo's and they seemed to have their own issues. i think these are best listened too rather than just visual.

made it back to Zurich though and off to calais tomorrow home monday.

keep an eye on www.ragingpimps-mc.com for trip reports and pictures.

Corsica was brill just leave enough time to do it !!!!

Back
Top Bottom