CCM R30

ovenpaa

Reaction score
Anyone owned one? Any problems any comments? I was thinking of the Rotax engined one, I have heard the electrics can be a weak point but otherwise I know very little about them.

My main interest is how easily do they start on the button and what are they like for extended distances such as 1,000 miles in a week.

A heap o shite.
Mate has one. Dont do it !!

He can ride for about 40 miles (one tankfull) before he feels like he has been bum raped by a load of darkies.

you will hear a lot of bull talked about CCM's.... most of it bad... by people that havent owned one!

i had mine from new for nearly 3 years and it was brilliant, the most fun you can have with your pants on! it had its moments with build quality but it is a very simple machine and easy to work on. servicing is dead cheap and easy ant there is a good owners web site too.

i had a 604e (rotax) with both sets of wheels... supermoto and knobblies. i abused that bike every time i rode it, thrashed it within an inch of its life and it just kept coming back for more, off road it was great, it would go up the side of a house... it had power and torque to spare, wheelies were available off the throttle. it was slower but far less likely to explode than KTM's or Bergs etc which are very high maintenance by comparison

i would advise a rotax 604e with both sets of wheels for the maximum value, it really is two bikes for the price of one, and they are dead cheap. the suzuki 644 is nowhere near as good and is a pig to set-up the motor.
you can not fit off-road wheels and tyres to the R30 as the swing arm is shorter. but you can easily fit the R30 tank and bodywork to the 604e

heres mine in 604e supermoto guise

ccme1.jpg

if you want any more info pm me

how much

I've never had a ccm so can't really comment , although i have owned a ktm lc4 prestige (black with black rims etc) for just coming up to 3 years and 7000 miles and its probably been one of the best /most fun bike i've ever owned in 23 years ,and i've had a few, from RC30 - VMAX'S etc

will do a ton every day and still give 50 mpg , not only that it still looks and rides pretty much like new.

however i've got a GS 1150 aswell now and although its not quite as much fun its probably a better everyday , do anything/go anywere bike ,so the ktm could be for sale .
PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED

steve

i'd have to say look for something else.

I bought this one for my mate's 40'th - his partner paid :) -

I rode it 20 miles and my arse was in pain.
Rotax engines start easily enough on the button

44232332-L.jpg

he commuted on it - about 40 miles a day round trip.

3 years ago it was pristine
2 years ago it looked awful - rear 'cush drive' , chains sprockets damaged - front sprocket came off.
then the gearbox destroyed itself.

The paintwork looks very shabby very quickly
it eats rear tyres apparently
Everything else looks tired and worn.

Definitely a weekend quick blast bike

He's now looking at getting a GS :thumb

I seriously considered a CCM before going with the DRZ. What put me off this one was:

1. Rotex parts are seriously expensive.
2. Too many people bitching about problems.
3. Virtually no aftermarket support - critical with bikes like these imho.

The DRZ though...

1. dirt cheap to run
2. no major problems
3. tons and tons of extras (like a corbin seat for one!)

I had a 636 (Big bore) Rotax engined SM.Engine was good,Cycle parts good but Bodywork a bit iffy.Panels don't quite line up or seat mounting bracket strips threads,niggly stuff really.Motor pulled well but with race pipe(needed for performance) it was LOUD.Used to set Car Alarms off for fun.No cush drive meant rear tyres took a pounding unless you keep the revs up.Rotax lump gives better performance than Suzuki Freewind one.I missed mine after i sold it.Should have kept the bike and binned the Bitch !! Not keen on the current range using the little Suzook and as i could not find another 636,bought a 640 LC4 SM.

Back
Top Bottom