Is there a big screen that works ? 1100GS

christianburgess

I am confused by major differences of opinion about aftermarket screens f
for the GS. I'd be really grateful for some feedback from folk who have already shelled out the considerable dosh needed to buy one. I am 6' and ride on the upper seat height setting usually. I do a lot round London but want something to make the motorways a bit easier. I've tried the Touratech extension but its not a great improvement. Is the Aeroscreen any good??
Thanks

MRA

Can't speak for the Aero Christian, but I am very happy with my MRA Vario. I am your height. Then again bought it before I knew about tobinators that seem to get lots of votes around here and mean a good saving. Norman

Yup , I'd second that , I have tried the Givi and even with some adaption of my own with wind deflectors the Wunderlich Vario which is just a badged version of the MRA screen is the best I have encountered. It is bigger than standard so if you went the Tobinater route you would still have a smaller screen that the Vario. My only crtiscism is that it seems a bit fragile especially when you get in the slipstream of cars on the motorway - it flaps around some but so far no problems with it and I like the fact that you can adjust it up or down to make the screen bigger or smaller depending on the weather. Off road I put it right down and it's well out the way allowing a clear view of the track ahead.

Norman and Gekko.....many thanks for your comments.....I will look into the MRA ....I wonder if they do the vario screen for the 1100 as well as the 1150?
Forgive my ignorance.....I see references all over the site.....but what is a TOBINATOR??!!

Cee Baileys

Christian, Cee Baileys, mine works a treat, 4" taler and 2" wider than an adventure and retains the adjustment, they now do a tourer that widens out at the top, looks real nice.

http://www.ceebaileys.com

Shipped by fedex air to your door.

You might also have a look at the Issota screens from italy.

http://www.kbnet.co.uk/bmwc1/

this site is one of our members.

Jim I don't think they do one for the 1100...nor do MRA by the look of it.
Aeroflow do one but its over £300,and I'm reluctant to pay that without someone convincing me they are worth it! Thanks anyway...........

Gecko said:
Yup , My only crtiscism is that it seems a bit fragile especially when you get in the slipstream of cars on the motorway - it flaps around some.

I like watching the MRA 'flex' at speed. It reminds me that it is taking the strain and I am sitting in still(ish) air. Nice - if you have to be on a motorway. I never feel its going to take off. Norman

Christian, The Wunderlich catalogue has the Vario screen listed for the 1100GS. I'm sure that they are manufactered for them by MRA. Try contacting SPC who are the uk agents.

christianburgess said:
Norman and Gekko.....many thanks for your comments.....I will look into the MRA ....I wonder if they do the vario screen for the 1100 as well as the 1150?
Forgive my ignorance.....I see references all over the site.....but what is a TOBINATOR??!!

Yes they do make one for the 1100 - I have an 1100 and I got my screen from Wunderlich about 5 months ago.

Many thanks to all who have taken the trouble to help.Much appreciated!