autocom easi 7

finn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
just had a new old bike which has automcom easi 7 hardwired in now ive toyed with the idea of using a phone or mp3 :) on it but what else do i need to get this going i assume i need 7 pin headphone etc etc
any help would be appreciated

7 pin headset, a phone cable and adapter for your phone and a Music lead about £53 in total and plenty of batteries as the easi 7 is battery operated(PP9) or better still get rid of it and buy a more modern one for £150 which will include all these parts and be wired into the bike

7 pin headset, a phone cable and adapter for your phone and a Music lead about £53 in total and plenty of batteries as the easi 7 is battery operated(PP9) or better still get rid of it and buy a more modern one for £150 which will include all these parts and be wired into the bike

If your Easi-7 is hard-wired you will not be needing batteries, of course. Nothing wrong with the Easi-7 (there are much older and cruder Autocom systems still going strong after many years), and all the leads etc. will be compatable with the latest Autocom units if you ever decide to upgrade.

seens headsets

i can get the headset for £35 with the microphone etc but then can i use a phone and mp3 on it, and will a 3.5mm jack do it?
Thanks for your help

i can get the headset for £35 with the microphone etc but then can i use a phone and mp3 on it, and will a 3.5mm jack do it?
Thanks for your help
I am unsure whether you have phone with integrated MP3 or two separate devices.
You can wire the phone to the Autocom, so you will need an phone adaptor plug plus a lead for whatever socket the adaptor has (often 2.5mm).
You can bluetooth it to the Autocom using a Sony Ericsson HBH-200 or similar device plugged into the Autocom using a suitable lead.
If you have a separate MP3 a 3.5mm stereo male-to-male lead will do.

Visit here:
http://www.autocom.co.uk/

Have a troll through Brochures and Product Support... It's not the most intuitive layout for the info... but you need to remember that they are all about selling extra gear to go along with the Autocom rigs... Most of it can be bodged up yourself if you have some soldering experience, but there are some issues with electronics noise that will then likely need to be resolved...

Or you could just give them a call and ask what you need...

Al...

Back
Top Bottom