Rencurel, Vercors, France

CeeBeeA

Hi, new to the forum and thought I'd share my recent experience in France.

Just back from a week staying in the village of Rencurel in the Vercors National Park near Grenoble. Highly recommended and the roads and scenery are just fantastic.

Stayed at the Hotel Le Marronnier who do motorcycle packages including meals/accomodation etc. Great value. Plenty of GS's there while we stayed (five turned up on our last night alone) and the new owners of the hotel are really good. I was sceptical as the previous owners sold up without any warning, but I need not have worried.

If you want somewhere to nice stay, with good food and interesting places to go then I would recommend it. It's about 600 miles from Calais.

Videos of the roads are on the Hotel Le Marronnier website if you 'Google' it. Already thinking of going back and I only got home on Tuesday !!

CeeBeeA

Hi, new to the forum and thought I'd share my recent experience in France.

Just back from a week staying in the village of Rencurel in the Vercors National Park near Grenoble. Highly recommended and the roads and scenery are just fantastic.

Stayed at the Hotel Le Marronnier who do motorcycle packages including meals/accomodation etc. Great value. Plenty of GS's there while we stayed (five turned up on our last night alone) and the new owners of the hotel are really good. I was sceptical as the previous owners sold up without any warning, but I need not have worried.

If you want somewhere to nice stay, with good food and interesting places to go then I would recommend it. It's about 600 miles from Calais.

Videos of the roads are on the Hotel Le Marronnier website if you 'Google' it. Already thinking of going back and I only got home on Tuesday !!

CeeBeeA

I'll be there on the 9th Sept. I was a little concerned when I had heard that the hotel had new owners as I booked last year before it changed hands. Good to hear that all is well.

Did you ride up the D35 from St.Gervais or did use another route into Rencurel?

Back
Top Bottom