Bilbao to Dieppe

Butchersdog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All, right looking to pick your thoughts on a trip a friend and I are making at the end of July.
It's a short break and we have not done this type of travelling often.

My main question is, we will arrive at Bilbao at 8am on a thurs morn, and will be routing through France to get to Dieppe for a 1330 ferry crossing on the Sat, we would like to avoid toll roads so realistically where should we aim to stay on our first night?
Is La Rochelle a good place?

Can anyone suggest a good route, which will take in the best that West France coast has to offer.

We have two days on the bikes and I know that covering distance avoiding toll roads can be a long process, well in North East France it did, where would you suggest we stay on the Fri night? Is Dieppe worth a night stop?

All suggestions greatly appriciated:thumb2
Andy

La Rochelle is gorgeous. Especially if you like seafood, wine and brandy.

I'll carry your bags.... :D

According to Mapsource, it's 422 miles avoiding main routes and 320 miles mixed routes (5.5 hours non-stop, add more time for stops).

HTH

Bordeaux might be more realistic (and cheaper. La Rochelle is very yachty & not cheap).

The Holiday Inn, Bordeaux is fairly central and has secure underground parking.

Any Hotel recommendations ?

La Rochelle is gorgeous. Especially if you like seafood, wine and brandy.

I'll carry your bags.... :D

I will be in the La Rochelle area 10th-11th July and have not booked any accomodation yet. Not looking for the cheapest but prefer somewhere bike friendly with secure parking.

Johnny

Back
Top Bottom