Pulling it off

Little legs

Just picked up me new black GS on friday complete with y piece and remus revo. Nice one i thought. Got back to me new house and stood back and had a look at the beastie. I really liked the look of the bike apart from the silver idiot sticker that explains the brakes are servo assist and will not work without power.
I picked at it a bit and to cut a long story short it only took me 5 fookin days to get the little bugger off.

Ow me hands i thought as i got the birds hairdrier on it.

Also i have noticed that i am only getting about 170miles per tank ? Is this because of my new comuting route (Filtering for about 10 miles each way).

Anyway i am deed chuffed with the bike love the way you can get the back spinning up, my old R couldnt manage that and my bird even reckons it looks "nice".

I also removed the baffle from the Revo to wake the comuters up has anyone had any melted bits that i should wory about.

Thanks

No melted bits and mine does 200 miles till there is 0.5 Litre left in the tank.

Little legs said:
I also removed the baffle from the Revo to wake the comuters up has anyone had any melted bits that i should wory about.

Thanks
Both BMW & Remus are concerned about problems relating to heat and melting things when the baffle is removed.

They are both providing additional parts to mitigate the risk. Remus sell a heat shield for £28 and BMW sell a piece of foil fronted gauze with a sticky pad to be stuck on the inside of the BMW pannier for £9.

I've done the latter more as an insurance policy i.e. I KNOW I could have picked up the same thing from a plumbers merchants for a couple of quid as there is just such a thing in my Combi Boiler but this is the "BMW reccommended solution" and should I get any problems with melting panniers guess who'll be stumping up for a replacement. :thumb

Judge, you don't have a part number for the BMW part do you?

Back
Top Bottom