2610 or street pilot 111?

silver fox

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the title says, which one is preferable??? Will probably be selling my C550?:( , and looking for the easier option rather than the pain in the arse of trying to chase my tail getting the one i bought sorted to use on the bike( waterproof cover and mount etc!!!)
Many thanks
SF

2610 recalculates your routes in seconds :)

SP111 takes all day :(

2610 holds all of Europe :)

SP111 needs a pocket full of spare cards :(

Prefered my SP111 though :cool:

Still getting use to my 2610 :eek:

I had an SPIII and now have a 2610.

Neither is still in production. Functionality is similar on both although the 2610 has the edge.

Biggest points to consider are that the SPIII uses Garmin-specific memory cards which are relatively small and relatively expensive. 2610 uses CF cards which can be bought in tesco even.

The processor on the SPIII is too slow. If you vere off-route, it can take the SPIII several minutes to recalculate whereas the 2610 does the same in a few seconds.

Go for the 2610.

Greg

2610(4)gig compactflash card at 7 day shop .com £36

ram it in top spec fastest card on the market:bounce1

Thanks guys, was looking at the SP111's on the for sale section. Think i'll wait a while!!

The best bit of the SPIII is the buttons rather than the on screen ones on the 2610 but other than that (Oh and the batteries) the 2610 is very fast in comparison just what you need when you want to find a petrol station before the lights change....

Back
Top Bottom