My Servo has failed !

luke scott

Reaction score
Well having had a butt clenching moment last saturday while collecting my bike from it's 20K KM service at the "main dealer" it now appears the servo has failed and not the rear master cylinder. They cant stop air getting into the system and even a new rear master cylinder did not solve the problem. So I have just been informed a new servo is on order from the mothership. The bike is two from the end of warranty :eek: :eek: . Talk about built in obsolesence. I'm still slightly surprised it died while in the care of the dealers :augie . But at least now I can keep the bike for another two years as the new servo will have warranty. It's also getting new heated grips and a petrol filler (both warranty).

Let the servo failure debate start again............:nono :nono :nono

Mine's allegedly had two, under warrantee. I say allegedly as the brakes failed, & I was told by SPC that a new servo pump was fitted. Several weeks later it happened again. Another new pump. This was when the bike had only done about 6000 miles, (can't remember to be exact) 26,000 miles later all ok.

1150GS

What have I said:blast Just hope the bike doesn't read this:D

Took me a long time to get my confidence back in the brakes I can tell you.

Last edited:
No troubles or worries with the brakes on both my 1100`s :D

Or both my Urals :D :D

Or my Guzzi :D :D :D

Or my CB400/4 :D :D :D :D

The now sold LegoBike was fine,too.............:augie :augie

Well having had a butt clenching moment last saturday while collecting my bike from it's 20K KM service at the "main dealer" it now appears the servo has failed and not the rear master cylinder. They cant stop air getting into the system and even a new rear master cylinder did not solve the problem. So I have just been informed a new servo is on order from the mothership. The bike is two from the end of warranty :eek: :eek: . Talk about built in obsolesence. I'm still slightly surprised it died while in the care of the dealers :augie . But at least now I can keep the bike for another two years as the new servo will have warranty. It's also getting new heated grips and a petrol filler (both warranty).

Let the servo failure debate start again............:nono :nono :nono

You don't get warranty on warranty:blast

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the site - I think you'll fit in just fine :D

In the meantime, why not pop over to the "I'm new here" section and introduce yourself - you'll get to meet a luvverly lady with a whip that way :thumb2

The first sign of trouble with the brakes on my SE and I'll ditch the servo/abs unit:thumb

Eh no ! If you or I bought a new servo pump @ €1400 :eek: then we would get warranty on that part. So if bmw fit a new part and it fails with two years then of course its covered. I have had this confirmed by a bmw drone in the past.

Bmw fixed mine free no service history out of warrenty too ;)

Eh no ! If you or I bought a new servo pump @ €1400 :eek: then we would get warranty on that part. So if bmw fit a new part and it fails with two years then of course its covered. I have had this confirmed by a bmw drone in the past.

Sorry mate,but you are wrong.If you buy a part then you get a "Fitted parts warranty" for 2 years. But your 2 year warranty that you get when you buy the bike ends after 2 years PERIOD You dont get extra warranty on parts fitted within those two years.You dont get warranty on warranty.Thats why they sell extended warranty.Trust me i'm right.ring your dealer tomorro and ask.
BMW will help you out sometimes outside of warranty,but not a sure thing.

Bmw fixed mine free no service history out of warrenty too ;)

Modulators they are pritty good with ie:They will look after you.
All i am saying is,just don't think that because you got something replaced during your warranty period you get extra warranty on THAT part:thumb

Have to agree with that man, parts fitted during the warantee are not considered as purchased parts by the customer and as such not waranted
after the main warantee has expired.
However, if your servo failed again in less than 12 months i would defo try for a new on but wouldnt hold my breath
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom