hotels in algeciras ?

fartoofastforme

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to Morroc again in september this year and am after a hotel near algeciras so I can get an early crossing to probably again argue with that shitty border "guide", the one who stands next to the tall official who always says "lovely jubille" when he sees your english, bit like the spanish sun glass sellers saying "asda price". Could anyone help please ?

We often use a hostel opposite the petrol refinery....it's a pretty big place and has a restaurant (that nobody uses) as well as the trucker's cafe (superb grub, half a cow on a plate and good plonk) .

They built a 20 room prefab type block of to one side last year which is more than adequate......and it's cheap too :thumb2

I don't have the WP to hand, but looking at Mapsource, I'd guess it's at about J116...it's only 10 mins out of the port though, on the west bound (ie going towards Algeciras) carriageway.....set back about 200 mtres from the road.

When you see the oil refinery to your left, look to your right and it's there :)

We'll be in Moroc in September as well..when are you there?
:)

We stayed at the same place (there and back) that Fanum mentions on Steptoe's dash this year. I can't remember its name but according to Google earth the co-ordinates are: 36 12' 29.91 N 5 24'29.92 W. It is just before a Repsol garage. It is also very cheap and has some parking under cover.

Chris

We often use a hostel opposite the petrol refinery....it's a pretty big place and has a restaurant (that nobody uses)

It has a bloody good restuarant, that did us an 8 person paella, that was pretty good. . And don't forget the bar
Just remember the restaurant isn't open on a sunday.

Another bonus, it has covered parking.

It has a bloody good restuarant, that did us an 8 person paella, that was pretty good. . And don't forget the bar
Just remember the restaurant isn't open on a sunday.

Another bonus, it has covered parking.

There's a seperate restaurant from the big one downstairs Neil..a posh bit......but everyone eats in the trucker's bit downstairs which is great with lovely grub :)

mucho thanks

Hi, Thanks all for reply, I will probably stay there then.

30.8.07 21.15 from portsmouth -bilbao 08.00 sunday 2.9.07, so i will stay maybe even the sunday or monday night, down to fez, chebbs, zagora, tanny, layounne, dak and maybe the mrtnia borderne, ferry back on 22.9.07.

moderate trip to fill in my green shield stamps book.

seems like there might be a party as me and Gaz are down that way

Sept and Oct (3 weeks in total)

We are doing Spain and Morocco for a few days as well

Might see you :rob you never know

I've stayed here, Hotel Reina Cristina: N36 07.391 W5 26.696

Great place to stay before Morocco; indulge yourself in a bit of old world European colonialism before the culture shock of North Africa. Verey resonable rates as well :thumb2

Andres

Attachments

• DSCF2348.jpg
    DSCF2348.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 92

Back
Top Bottom