Pictures from one day in HP2 life!

runeo

The place for the beauty treatment.
blotlaggning.jpg

BMW sucks. Check in the left part of the picture for an other sucker.
bmw_sucks.jpg

Downhill.
downhill.jpg

Not the usual gravel rodad
fint_grus.jpg

Grass collecting HP2
grass_boxer.jpg

During gravel investigation for maximum joystick control
kompis.jpg

more ...

The joystick
idolbild.jpg

Stoned
jomenduro.jpg

Grass eater
omattlig_hp2.jpg

Connected with the nature
skogsmaskin.jpg

Part of the wow factor!
wow.jpg

Tires for the next run
Trelleborg T644 3.50"x21" to the left.
Mitas C02 130/80-17 to the right

t644_350_21__c02_130_80_17.jpg

Nice big playground you've got there:clap

Good pictures as well.Let us know how you get on with the new tyres:thumb

Your a brave man runeo, I'd take the Honda XR, but only because I'd be scared to damage the HP2.. my GS frieghten the shit out of me in the very muddy plantations of Malaysia... maybe knobbly tires would help. I would certainly love an HP2 for a day, but fear I'd be happy to give it back at the end. have fun.

Hi

I did the (almost) same ride with 4 others on Ya 250, KTM 400 and 640 and Ho 450. Those guys where used to enduro and we did about 20 km undulating really tight 20 cm wide single track with sand, gravel and all sort of stones. As normal the track was very bumpy with holes with about the form and size of the lower half of the front wheel.
Of cource I could not hold their pace on the really bumpy parts!
The worst part was in a really tight upphill climb, tight around trees. There you could really feel the momentum of a 200 Kg bike. Not to easy to throw around.

And I had to tackle a tree with my shoulder to save the bike from kissing the next tree. Must say that in a way I have learnt not to give up the momentum in the bike and prepare to crash, when I get into difficulty. I work to solve the problem. Just need to train to get better technic to be more prepaired when things happen.

But I loved it! Have ordered a -07 wr450 to be able to play in the really tight and technical stuff. I think the wr250 would feel too small compared to the HP2.

Afterwards I was way more tired then I was after cycling 300 Km in 10.57 in a cycle event around lake "Vättern" in the middle of Sweden.

AND
The HP2 can take far more abuse without getting "hurt", than its 200kg tells you. It is really "If you can handle the fall, I can do it!" bike. On the same day a few months ago I had two scary moments when the break pedal didn´t return and looked up the back wheel. Both times on gravel roads before a curve. First time in 70 km/hr I could handle it, wildly dancing. The second time, in 105 Km/hr I had to give in when the beck wheel passed me. No big deal. Some scars on the Akrapovich and a hole in the plastic cylinder head protector. Nothing more.

(After demounting the pedal, cleaning and greesing it the problem looked to be gone, but the bike really needs a heavier return spring.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom