Why has david a hall's bike started using oil ?

Sir James

Rear Stab Vest Only ....
Reaction score
Come on lads he needs to know .............. :rolleyes:

He was going to post it himself but it would appear he is worried about upsetting the Mechanically Elite amongst the Forum ................ :eek:

What do you think ......................... :nenau

Guess.......he overfilled it at sometime and strained a seal somewhere. The oil is now getting past the partial seal.

More of a questin than an answer - there are more of them:aidan

Come on lads he needs to know .............. :rolleyes:

He was going to post it himself but it would appear he is worried about upsetting the Mechanically Elite amongst the Forum ................ :eek:

What do you think ......................... :nenau

He started to use the bike rather than polish it and just stare at it in the garage?:nenau

Or perhaps he lost the top box! (In joke for those that don't know) :D

They all use oil.
Surely an oilless engine wouldn't last very long? Anyone who decides to stop using oil is silly. There are many different makes and types of oil though. Perhaps we could start some debate on which is the best?
Just a thought....

Different grade of oil?

Thinner grades and synthetic grades run past the seals more easily - so I was told by the chap that I bought mine from, but it's not used any oil in the meantime, so I trust his judgement.

Not a lot of info but I will take the Bait?

After a Run. Gentley Run your finger around the inside of the Muffler ( Careful its hot and can be sharp). Ok? Rub your finger. Is it dry or Oily. Oily= Rings but useually Valve guides. Not a hard job don't Panic! Does it leave oil on the ground? It sounds like it has sut for a while and now riding it?? Yeah Valve guides gone hard and now ?
Dry= Have you changed the type of oil? Though this shouldn't make a lot of difference this soon? Water is it oil contaminated? Come on don't be shy :augie tell us more. :rob BIGJim Tasmania.

Back
Top Bottom