Not quite a Luddite

Spotless

If I was I would'nt even have a torque wrench........ just a scaffold pole to slip over me socket ratchet!

But the problem is my torque wrench is of a 'certain age' ....like me!.....and is only calibrated in lbs/ft.....

Does anybody have a conversion formula for Nm to lbs/ft?.......I want to carry out the rocker end float checks that Steptoe has so ably discribed but if I don't know what to set my lbs/ft torque wrench to I could be too tight or too loose!

Safe riding

Shitman

See what you mean!

Look up "Torque convertor" on the internet and you're lost....

A good engineering apprentice, however, like this one understands what we mean; and not what we ask for.

<iframe frameborder="1"height="700"scrolling="auto"src="http://www.gordonengland.co.uk/conversion/torque.htm"width="800"></iframe>

ebay converts everything into something, then obtain new wrench which has both.

Don't'cha know, this site is Google's second biggest competitor.

Well, it feels that way sometimes :blast

However, one of the things that I do like about this site is that there are more people around who want to help and will give a useful answer than will leap in and flame with DAFGS comments :rolleyes:, which makes it a nice place to be.

I had a bit of a play, and it turns out that the google calculator couldn't convert lbft to Nm, but it would have been cool if it could (but it will do "1 lb in grams" if you ask nicely)

Cheers Boundless

Cheers Boundless.......brilliant site.

If you are ever passing by our place, checjk out www.la-janais.com
pop in and I'll give you a beer to say thanks.

Safe riding,

Shitman

You could have a look here
http://www.nmbtc.com/Calculators/converter.swf
Then click on the blue "Torque" button along the top, and then the blue N-m button and put the figure you wish to convert in the box and press the "Calculate" button and see what you get in the other boxes on the right :thumb2 :D

If I was I would'nt even have a torque wrench........ just a scaffold pole to slip over me socket ratchet!

But the problem is my torque wrench is of a 'certain age' ....like me!.....and is only calibrated in lbs/ft.....

Does anybody have a conversion formula for Nm to lbs/ft?.......I want to carry out the rocker end float checks that Steptoe has so ably discribed but if I don't know what to set my lbs/ft torque wrench to I could be too tight or too loose!

Safe riding

Shitman

If your torque wrench is that old i suggest you a least get it calibrated
if not throw it away and get new one, they are not that expensive

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom