Assen 2008

CHANDOS

Any tips for assen next year where do you camp etc, any Whitby lads intrested in going

Assen

Dont bother it rains all the time and to make matters worse the whole of Holland is under sae level. Its the biggest Quagmire in northen europe.

Assen

Well i hope you dont come everywhere you go its crap.

This year stayed on a great campsite at Witterzomer. www.witterzomer.nl 40 minutes walk into the race track across the fields. Didn't camp, but rented one of the bungalows advertised on the site. Camped on same site in 2001 and it was manic. You need to sleep with ear plugs in to avoid hearing the fireworks and tortured engines at 2am. There is lots of other camping around, but not so many with clean facilites.

chandos on it for assen

Hello chandos,
We were just on about a return to assen for 2008.
Our group in the past have camped at assen football club, the facilities are good with mixed showers:thumb2,cafe ,bar ,etc.
Its a ten minuit walk to town and the place is buzzing on a night, they have a big fair ground on and some quaint coffee bars.
After the race we are looking to stay in vollendam for a couple of nights, and usually wander down to Amsterdam for a few scoops and the window shopping.
Wev'e got dickie on one looking into it at the moment, so keep in touch
cheers
glenn

NEVER BE HAPPY

WHY YORKS PAINTER ARE YOU ALWAYS SO DOWN AND NEGATIVE TO ALL THINGS THAT ARE BRIGHT AND UPPY,JUST TO SAY THANK THE LORD YOU AINT GOING TO KELSO ,EVEN IF YOU WERE NOT A CHANCE OF ANY CAKE IT MAY MAKE YOU SMILE AND WE CARNT HAVE THAT CAN WE?

Assen

Hello chandos,
We were just on about a return to assen for 2008.
Our group in the past have camped at assen football club, the facilities are good with mixed showers:thumb2,cafe ,bar ,etc.
Its a ten minuit walk to town and the place is buzzing on a night, they have a big fair ground on and some quaint coffee bars.
After the race we are looking to stay in vollendam for a couple of nights, and usually wander down to Amsterdam for a few scoops and the window shopping.
Wev'e got dickie on one looking into it at the moment, so keep in touch
cheers
glenn

Hi Glenn it sounds good, can a old chap come as well, you all sound like a jolly bunch of chaps. Regards Vernon

assen 2008

hi chandos
i,ve been going to assen since 1988, and most times camped at assen football club ground,security is excellent,showers and toilets are readily
available,and it,s only about 20 mins walk into town,the best place we found
for an evening meal is the witterbrug pub.it,s on the way into town from the campsite.the only downside we,ve found is that the walk to the circuit takes
about 50 mins,
hope this helps
regards
billabong

hi chandos
i,ve been going to assen since 1988, and most times camped at assen football club ground,security is excellent,showers and toilets are readily
available,and it,s only about 20 mins walk into town,the best place we found
for an evening meal is the witterbrug pub.it,s on the way into town from the campsite.the only downside we,ve found is that the walk to the circuit takes
about 50 mins,
hope this helps
regards
billabong

Do you need to book this site at the football ground, or can you just turn up? Sounds just the job.....:thumb :).....Where abouts in Aseen is it ?....Do you have a GPS waypoint ?......

Don't want much do I ........:D

Cheers.....:)

assen

you don,t have to book the campsite,just turn up and pay,it,s about 35 euros for two nights camping,i can,t give you a gps waypoint cos i,m still in the dark ages with me maps,and i always follow me mate cos he never gets lost.I,ll get detailed directions off him for campsite once off the e232 motorway and post em on this forum,
regards
andy[billabong]

assen fc campsite directions

directions to assen football club campsite chaps,

coming up the A28/E232 motorway to assen from zwolle,take the first exit for assen signposted assen south,as you come off the motorway turn right will be signposted assen centrum,you then come to a large intersection/crossroads with traffic lights.Turn left at these and about a quarted of a mile later you come to another intersection/crossroads,no lights on these,turn right at this intersection and straight away you come to a fork in the road,bear left and this road takes you straight to the football ground.
regards
andy

Billabong

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply....I've been away for a few days.

Thanks for the info'....much appreciated.....Cheers.....:thumb2 :)

Back
Top Bottom