map source upgrade v10

julio100

Reaction score
i bought a 2610 from gpsw at christmas which came with v8 now just having completed 2.4k round spain and france with no problems except taking us across a firing range near beaune and afew new junctions were not listed but no big deal the only faults were down to used error (me). my question is i purchased the unit in december 2006 registered in may 2007 im quite happy with v8 if i hang on will i get the free upgrade to version 10 when it comes out, and will the unit work as fast with the new software.

i bought a 2610 from gpsw at christmas which came with v8 now just having completed 2.4k round spain and france with no problems except taking us across a firing range near beaune and afew new junctions were not listed but no big deal the only faults were down to used error (me). my question is i purchased the unit in december 2006 registered in may 2007 im quite happy with v8 if i hang on will i get the free upgrade to version 10 when it comes out, and will the unit work as fast with the new software.

If you registered the unit in May 2007, you will not get a free upgrade on the mapping data when v10 is released. But when you do install it, the operating speed of your 2610 won't be affected.

Greg

I was just thinking about upgrading to V9. Any idea when v10 is coming out ?

so that means that if i registered my copy v8 in may 2007 it gives me a year so if the up date comes out in early 2008 i should be intitled to v10 ?

Dunno, you'd have to ask Garmin. If your unit was new, you should at least get the v9 update.

Greg

so that means that if i registered my copy v8 in may 2007 it gives me a year so if the up date comes out in early 2008 i should be intitled to v10 ?

i thought you only got a free upgrade if you register your product after the new version release date :nenau

i thought you only got a free upgrade if you register your product after the new version release date :nenau

I think that's the point - CN v9 was released on 1 Sept 2006 - some 8 months before he registered v8.

Greg

I think that's the point - CN v9 was released on 1 Sept 2006 - some 8 months before he registered v8.

Greg

yes, but not v10 as he mentions. he'd have to leave the registration until at least late this year to qualify for that. that seems to be roughly when the release date is announced IIRC.

rang garmin today im intitled to v9 as a free upgrade
v10 should be coming out for i think he said nuvi in september and about 2 months later for the 2### series but will be called v2008

Back
Top Bottom