autocom switching off after 20 seconds

StevieB

My autocom works when I start the bike up or turn the ignition on , but after maybe 20-30 seconds it goes off, if i turn the bike off and then back on it comes on but only for this short time.

its an older autocom active 7 smart. I've only just got the bike so have never seen the system working untill today

thanks for any help offered

The good ol software issue then, you need to scoot off to your nearest dealer and get them to change the sofatware. Once this is done the powersocket will not be effected.

Rich

The autocom looks like it's wired up under the seat , when the ignition is turned off the autocom goes off at the same time as illumination on the hazard warning switch goes off.
Not sure that makes sensible reading !

Stevie, when the hazard warning switch light goes off on the early 1200 models, it shows that the CANBUS controller has shut down the bikes power sockets and circuits, usually about 30 seconds after removing the ignition key.

As GSRich pointed out already, you need a visit to the dealer to update the bikes software to the latest version which has a bug fix. This prevents the on-off-on-off-on etc. that you get with the bikes accessories by altering how the computer controller chip manages the accessory socket (which your Autocom is wired into).

This problem was caused by an initial software update to stop the battery draining, which caused more problems than it solved. It was a major pain for most 1200 riders with autocoms and/or sat-navs, heated vests etc. until the software was rewritten for a second time, which finally fixed it.

Updating the software takes about 30 minutes to do and shouldn't cost anything. Make sure they have loaded the latest version of the fuel control map whilst they are doing the software update. The last time I had it updated it made a major difference to the smooth running of my bike.

Back
Top Bottom