1150GS Wiring diagram anyone ?

Jaws

Reaction score
Number one son had a minor fire ( !!!!! ) on his GS yesterday.. Ended up have to replace most of the front section of the loom ..
But after it was all done we had a very weird problem.. The side lights were on in the off position, the headlight came on in the sidelight position, and also in the headlight postion but then the tail light went out in the headlight position too ! LOL !!!

Ok, so I sussed out it was the switch got a bit melted and sorted that out but along the way I wanted to consult the wiring diagram ..

Found out the manual I have ( twas a feebee download so I aint complaining ! ) not only has no wiring diagram, but has little info on all the bits that bolt on in the way of cycle parts .
It is damned good in the engine dept but want to know anything else and your stuffed !

So has anyone got a wiring diagram please ??

About your fire...

I don't suppose it was down to the wiring loom chaffing against the battery tray, ultimately shorting out.
I had this problem and am in the process of taking BMW UK and the insurers to court.
What was the cause of your fire and did the insurers pay out OK?
Have you heard of any other BMW fires down to electrics?
Call me on 01189482250 or 07787551541 if its easier.
Thanks, Mike

I know this is an old thread but doing a search on manuals and it popped up, so thought I would tell all the cause of the weird problem..
The short circuit had melted the light switch ! The contact area had moved about an 1/8 of an inch messing up where it needed to be.
Cured it by setting fire to thing again and moving it back !!
That was last )ctober and it is still working ok ..

Back
Top Bottom