What to wear ?

jimbo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently bought myself a DRZ to play on green lanes, so how about some advice on what to wear. If I wear my usual kit it will sure get muddy, so should I go an buy some more textile trousers and another jacket.
I looked at some boots and Hein Gerick seemed to do some good butch ones.

Anybody in Surrey planning to go out to play soon?

Get some army gortex kit and wear armour underneath.
Whatever you wear needs to be breathable.
Boots I have been using the Tuareg ones but they are getting cut up so am looking to get a pair of MX ones. Wear Seals socks underneath because whether the boots are waterproof or not the chances are that water will get in over the top at some stage.
I've went from being a jeans and jacket rider on the road to as much protection as I can in less than a month. Ouch! I do fall off a lot.
Good luck

Buy some good upper body armour (the type on a string vest) then a motorcross shirt to go over the top of it, a good pair of enduro pants and a strong pair of proper off road boots, thats what I used for years and it kept me cool and reasonably safe.

Shep

Wot Shep said.
You get what you pay for in the kit stakes. I've got a dainese protector jacket which I got 2nd hand and a pair of impact shorts (not second hand :D ).
I tried a cheaper armour jcket and found it didn't fit right, it was hot and uncomfortable.
I've used budget MX boots for years but after buying a pair of Alpinestar Tech 6''s I can safely say I will spend the extra again or replacements. Much more comfortable.
When the sun comes out I just wear my armour top on it's own over a wicking short sleve top. lovely and cool ;)
Buy top quality armour and boots and they'll last you ages and make riding much more comfortable :thumb2

Dont forget the knee protection. I cant honestly say the motox knee pads I have have saved my legs on a few occasions

Back
Top Bottom