Suspension setup

zero 2

Hi,

I am relatively new to the HP clan :thedummy and is looking for some wisdom regarding the proper setup of the suspension. Who can suggest some tried and tested settings for my 95kg frame?

How can the compression and rebound settings be on different shocks?:eek

thanks

HP2 in mozambique brilliant

there's stacks of info if you search in the HP2 section, best of luck as I'm still playing with the suspension on mine.

Hi, this is my setup. What is yours?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248634

Rune
12gsa -07, HP2, wr450 -07

Runeo,

I used your settings. The front is very good now but the rear seems to be way to soft IMO. A friend suggested 9.5Bar pressure? I also have difficulty adjusting the damping with the hand wheel. Mine seems to turn several turns in both directions. :eek I deflated the shock completely and played with the damping wheel and managed to find a setting that seems OK. I will take the pressure up to 9.5bar and try again.

What is the suggested pressure with passenger and luggage?

Thanks for the good info!

Runeo,

I used your settings. The front is very good now but the rear seems to be way to soft IMO. A friend suggested 9.5Bar pressure? I also have difficulty adjusting the damping with the hand wheel. Mine seems to turn several turns in both directions. :eek I deflated the shock completely and played with the damping wheel and managed to find a setting that seems OK. I will take the pressure up to 9.5bar and try again.

What is the suggested pressure with passenger and luggage?

Thanks for the good info!

The wheel adjusting the air damper, have two settings.

The two notches horisontally = competition setting.
air_damper.jpg

The two notches vertically = "sport" setting.

The sport setting makes the backwheel "kickback", so I dont use it.

There is really no need to think about what is the right pressure. It is all about having the right "sag"
http://www.dynobike.com/motorcycle_suspension.htm

As we have a visual adjusting aid, use it to find out what is the right airpressure for the weight applied to tha bike at that cicrumstance. Adjust the airpressure in the damper, until the bouble in the green tube is centered over the front line when it is loaded with you dressed in riding gear. If you have a passenger adjust it to a pressure where the bouble is at the same point with you two at the bike.

The bouble should be a bit back from the position in the picture below.
vatten_pass.jpg

Hi,

I am relatively new to the HP clan :thedummy and is looking for some wisdom regarding the proper setup of the suspension. Who can suggest some tried and tested settings for my 95kg frame?

How can the compression and rebound settings be on different shocks?:eek

thanks

Hi I am allso 95 Kg have my reerschock the litel weel on Valve Horisantel thats hard with 100ps cant tooch the floor but huw needs to when you are riding for the front use thiker oil and wilbersprings ,
good luck

Thanks Runeo :hug now I understand this damping issue.

However after inflating to the correct pressure, lubricating all the connecting bolts and fitting the shock it started making a terrible screeching sound from the inside.:eek: My local BMW tech recons the unit has come to the end of its life.

Seems to me the Mozambican roads claimed its first air shock!

Back
Top Bottom