Autocom advice - Using GSRich

beemerboy9

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In my humble opinion we should try not to use GSRich for anything other than help with technical problems. The steps should be
1) If anyone needs help with configuring a system they should contact their local dealer first.
2) If the local dealer cannot help then call the factory to get advice. Let them know that the dealer cannot help - later on they will ensure that the dealer gets the proper training.
3) If you decide to install yourself and get stuck, the factory has a help desk - also supported by Richard.
4) If you get stuck out of hours - then use the forum.

This should ensure that knowledge is spread around the dealer network, the factory help desk and lighten the load on our very willing workhorse GSRich.

I'm sure Richard will correct me if I've stepped out of line again!

In my humble opinion we should try not to use GSRich for anything other than help with technical problems. The steps should be
1) If anyone needs help with configuring a system they should contact their local dealer first.
2) If the local dealer cannot help then call the factory to get advice. Let them know that the dealer cannot help - later on they will ensure that the dealer gets the proper training.
3) If you decide to install yourself and get stuck, the factory has a help desk - also supported by Richard.
4) If you get stuck out of hours - then use the forum.

This should ensure that knowledge is spread around the dealer network, the factory help desk and lighten the load on our very willing workhorse GSRich.

I'm sure Richard will correct me if I've stepped out of line again!

Beemerboy,

I think you're a little off the mark here. I was under the impression that GSRich tends to reply to Autocom questions rather than the questions being directed at him and, his post list bears this out. If Rich wants to answer questions raised then surely that's up to him?

Only my humble opinion.

Dave

John, please step back from your keyboard and take a chill pill! I come on here to people out as much as I can and its no sweat to me at all so please do not worry. This is not the only on this forum I post on and not just on the bike comms bit, I add a bit on the GPS side when there are problems on there related to our products.

Im glad people are asking the questions and im here to help when ever......even at home like I am now lol

Rich :beerjug:

I must admit that I believe this thread to have been started as a direct result of the thead I started asking GSRich for help. I have to admit that I was doubting whether I should have asked directly for help. However, the reply I got to my own thread and the replies I've seen on this one have put my mind at rest.
Many thanks Rich for your replies to both threads. I hope to speak to you soon in some form or another.
Chris.

It's a forum. Ask a question and if someone knows the answer they'll give it. Rich knows his stuff, if he didn,t want to answer he wouldn't. Autocom is the best in my opinion, and it's the enthusiasm of people like Rich who make it so. If he didn't have as much faith in it I doubt we'd hear so much from him. Good for us I say.

:blast What a crock of :augie

Hey I own a satellite company, is it OK if I promote on this site?

Yes, no problem ! Lets get started.

Could you give me a run down on what my options are to get Sky TV plus broadband without having to put up a dish outside (not allowed by the lease) ? Virgin Media aren't that great, and I do miss Sky One. Will Virgin media be getting it back soon ?
Are there are different types of dish ie are there smaller ones which don't need to be drilled into the wall ?
Am I talking about the right type of satellite?
Do you do bike-mounted dishes (I presume that you have a bike related satellite company, seeing as you want to promote it here) ?
Thanks in advance.
;)

It's a forum. Ask a question and if someone knows the answer they'll give it. Rich knows his stuff, if he didn,t want to answer he wouldn't. Autocom is the best in my opinion, and it's the enthusiasm of people like Rich who make it so. If he didn't have as much faith in it I doubt we'd hear so much from him. Good for us I say.

Like I said :thumb

Yes, no problem ! Lets get started.

Could you give me a run down on what my options are to get Sky TV plus broadband without having to put up a dish outside (not allowed by the lease) ? Virgin Media aren't that great, and I do miss Sky One. Will Virgin media be getting it back soon ?
Are there are different types of dish ie are there smaller ones which don't need to be drilled into the wall ?
Am I talking about the right type of satellite?
Do you do bike-mounted dishes (I presume that you have a bike related satellite company, seeing as you want to promote it here) ?
Thanks in advance.
;)

Hey no problem, what do you presently own, what kind of property is the proposed siting and what do want to receive in the satellite band?

Oh and I'm sure that if you can get a fat a**e on the bike we can accommodate a satellite dish :rolleyes: Hey I can even set you up with the 'Baby Channel' great for early learning peeps. ;)

Check Forum for Autocom vs. Starcom vs. others. Autocom it is. Buy Autocom. Read instructions in box. Check Forum for fitting advice. Read everything. Start installation. Pop up the stairs to check I'm still on track, and run searches on new snags. Fit it all. Bloomin' 'eck. It works! But ABS doesn't. Check forum for ABS reset. Follow easy steps, and HEY PRESTO! Thanks Rich (Autocom). Thanks MiGSel (ABS reset). Bloody brilliant value this site. Just keep sitting there. I'll need you again shortly I'm sure. :clap :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom