Best rated modifications

bristoljay

Hello all,

As this is my first post - here's an intro:

I first test rode a big GS at the end of 2002 and absolutely loved it, but spent my hard earned cash backpacking around South America with my wife instead... And now, having upgraded from my elderly CBR600 via a Triumph Tiger and F650GS Dakar, I finally bought an 1150GS in February, and its ace! :thumb

I've been exploring the site and have found out lots of useful stuff (and had a good giggle!), but thought I'd wait until I had a question until my first post, so...

Does the rear crud-guard thingy keep the back end of the bike cleaner, or is it just for the benefit of following vehicles? And this leads me on to wonder if the Touratech no. plate mudguard flap replaces the crud guard...?

Having thought about the type of stuff it might be useful for fellow GS riders to know, here's a question for the Administrators - can a questionnaire / voting type thread be set-up listing all the accessories and modifications available? Tossers could then rate them out of 10 to provide an easy source of info for whats worth doing. I don't ask for much, eh?!

Cheers, bristoljay :beerjug:

can a questionnaire / voting type thread be set-up listing all the accessories and modifications available? Tossers could then rate them out of 10 to provide an easy source of info for whats worth doing. I don't ask for much, eh?!

welcome to the site matey... if you pay your subs you can set up a poll like that yourself... easy peasy.

Its only £12 for the year and opens up all the features of the site - including the bargains in the 'for sale and wanted section. go on... do it. you know it makes sense.

And once you've subscribed you will be able to use the search facility to glean as much info as you want on pretty much any mod, bling or farkle available for the GS:thumb2
Btw most touratoss stuff is......erm toss ;)

Btw most touratoss stuff is......erm toss ;)

Except for the numberplate crud deflector, which actually works.

The OE fitment flappy thing is there to satisfy German TUV regs regarding height of mudguards or something - most people remove them.

Except for the numberplate crud deflector, which actually works.

The OE fitment flappy thing is there to satisfy German TUV regs regarding height of mudguards or something - most people remove them.

Wot he said:D

Thanks for your answers. I ordered the blank plate, bolts and grommet thing from BMW (bargain at £5.10) on Saturday, but it looks like it might be worthwhile getting a TT no. plate crud deflector when I fit them...

Any ideas on the best mudguard extender (I haven't got bits of sheet around to make my own) - BMW / Nippy Normans / anyone else?

And I quite fancy an oil cooler cover - any recommendations? - but that's all the bling for now...

bristoljay

My Oil Cooler Grill.. expanded stainless steel cut to size, easy peasy, looks ok I think, and does the job..

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 133
Does the rear crud-guard thingy keep the back end of the bike cleaner, or is it just for the benefit of following vehicles? And this leads me on to wonder if the Touratech no. plate mudguard flap replaces the crud guard...?

Hi bristoljay,welcome to the forum.:beerjug:
Use the crud guard to decorate your garage.
Thats what everybody elses does.
The Touratat device does keep a fair bit of crap from spraying up (i've got an ebay cheapie one),but whether its worth the cost is up to you.
For an oil cooler guard,B&Q sell stainless mesh.
A bit of measuring and snipping will make you a cheap guard.

Back
Top Bottom