UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:rob :rob :rob :rob :rob

Me again!!!

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel in :rob :rob :rob

Cheers

:beerjug: :beerjug:

Mike

Struggled to find simple hotel in Merida a couple of years back, so in the end stayed in the Parador. Fantastic place. Safe underground carpark. Merida itself is a little gem. Theatre, circus and amphitheatre. Also a moorish castle. I think the museum is closed on Mondays or ir might have been a national holiday when we were there, but it's a great reason to go back. If you find somewhere reasonable could you post it up.

:rob :rob :rob

Will do.

I'm considering the Nova Roma Hotel at the moment (if they have vacancies). 89 Euros per room per night and only 200 metres away from the amphitheatre.

Mike

If by "reasonably priced" you mean cheap, you want to look at Hostals, not Hotels, usually pretty good but no frills, just a room with bathroom, generally a lot cheaper than Hotels & OK. Often they don't have secure parking (some do), so you just simply put your bike in the nearest "pay & display" car park that has a 24 hour "Guard" on the barrier, park so he(she) can see it, speak nicely & give him a couple of euros, never had a problem. :thumb

Most places were fully booked when I enquired....not surprising really as I wanted a weekend in August.

Finally booked the Hotel Tryp Medea. Reasonably priced, secure parking and about 20 mins walk from all the 'sights'. I'll put an opinion on the board when I return.

Attachments

• hotel_tryp_medea_home1.jpg
    hotel_tryp_medea_home1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 107
Camping Merida .... :thumb2

Just outside the town ..... good site with restaruant/bar and swimming pool.

Try the two local wines ...... bout a pound a bottle .....:beer:

Back
Top Bottom