New member in France

miked

Reaction score
:spitfire Hello everyone, just bought a 1 year old 1200GS.

I'm based in Mougins, just outside Cannes and can't wait to wander across Europe.
Problem is, 1 day after handing over the cash it started making a racket from the right throttle body.
After much discussion with local dealer and finally convincing them it wasn't valve noise, rocker end float or "they all do that"
they agreed to take it in and check it out.

Turns out BMS module is faulty and causing butterfly to clack shut with each induction stroke.

Dealer said "3 to 4 days" to recieve new unit from Germany, called 1 week later to be told: "another 72 hours":spitfire
Guess what? 72 hours later, still waiting and dealer finally admits there's a problem between them and BMW and they can't order this unit direct!!!:blast

Not a great introduction to the world of BMW motorcycles, if anyone can recommend a dealer in the south of France that gives good service, I'd appreciate it.

As soon as it comes back to me, we're off to Prague and then London, can't wait!:bounce1

Mike

Hello and welcome

Sorry to hear about your problems with the new bike, sound to me like a dealer problem, i'm sure somebody will be along to reccomend another

Shep

:
Not a great introduction to the world of BMW motorcycles, if anyone can recommend a dealer in the south of France that gives good service, I'd appreciate it.

Mike

Welcome Mike :beerjug: I am very happy with my dealer in Montpellier but as yet I haven't had anything go wrong with my bike. He just replaced a pannier lid that was pitted after agreeing that it wasn't good enough.
Montpellier is too far for you though, you need to ask Franco which dealer he uses.

Thanks guys, have spoken to the dealer in Cannes and they have agreed to look after the bike and extend the warranty.
Much nicer human feeleing from them and the head mechanic was happy to chat about the bike.

Meanwhile, after a heated phone discussion, the others have finally realised that "you just have to wait" is not a suitable response and have called Germany!!!!
Should pick the machine up tonight, fingers crossed.

Not bad considering I bought it on the 7th!!

Whole pile of add ons from Nippy Norman and Motorworks sat in the shed waiting to go on, have to say mail order from both companies to France is spot on.

It's sad to hear that you have had problems with your bike, and that your dealer isn't dealing with it as quickly as you'd like.

On the other hand, it sounds as though the BMW warranty system is working to put your bike back into working order.

Once you've got it back, I'm sure you're just going to love riding the bike around all those gorgeous roads you have in that part of France.

Update, have just been told, due to BMW, BMS-K unit will not arrive until Tuesday morning:spitfire :spitfire :spitfire

Dealer is being slightly more helpful now, explaining that the unit can't be ordered through normal factory / warranty channels.

I was told it would be there this morning and I could pick the bike up this evening, am I being unreasonable to expect a phone call to tell me of the delay???

Three times I have been given a delivery / pick up date and three times it has been delayed with me finding out by calling / chasing every time:mad:

Do other dealers never phone to inform you of complications?
Is this typical of BMW service?

Please someone reassure me I haven't bought a lemon with sod all backup?

Well, finally got it back today, 20 days later.
Guess what? no difference at all:mad:

I've also been charged for a 10k service I didn't ask for, it has 15k on the clock and was serviced by the same dealer at 10k, I told them this and gave them the service book with the stamp:spitfire :spitfire :spitfire

I'm going to England Thursday, does anyone know a really good dealer in the south with an all knowing service manager that could have a listen?

I've heard good things about the guy at Park Lane???

Back
Top Bottom