Supermoto rims?

You have to take the pads out,put the caliper on,and then put the pads in when the caliper is mounted on the forkleg,and the front wheel is fitted.

Easy:thumb

Vern is right

just do the decent thing hit with a hammer...

enduro wheels off, pins out, pads out, street wheel on, calipers in place, pads in, pins in, mount calipers carefully, pump pressure up. Test ride at slow speed, brakes fine the spank the hell out of it.... you know it wants it...

(in a controlled and careful manner as to not break the law)

I've got to phone the bloke today will ask him and will post a comment.

got to dash taking a hammer to the HP today see if i can bend a bit of metal back into shape...

I've got a different set of pads for each disc.I don't like the idea of all that mud and shite getting on the road disc.

Vern is right

just do the decent thing hit with a hammer...

enduro wheels off, pins out, pads out, street wheel on, calipers in place, pads in, pins in, mount calipers carefully, pump pressure up. Test ride at slow speed, brakes fine the spank the hell out of it.... you know it wants it...

(in a controlled and careful manner as to not break the law)

well, its time to reveal my ignorance..!

while I am waiting for the centre stand to arrive in order to change from street rims to off road..

I can't help thinking that I am probably incapable of changing the front wheel !

as I can quite work out why do I have to remove the pads from the caliper.. surely if you just remove the caliper from the fork and fit the bigger front wheel the caliper should fit around the disk just fine -

feel like I am missing something obvious and everyone is laughing while they are reading this..:nenau

took me a while as well not to worry

(stupid road wheel is small with massive disc the calipers with pads fitted won't go past the rim, disc arrangement) Bloody good idea to make it so easy...

I waited for the MX stand to arrive to find it was too high.... got stressed then so layed the bike on it's side on lawn after lossening the wheel off.

the road wheel has a bigger disc and there are more holes for the brakes to attach... sh1t I might have to look at mine.

So you've got the enduro wheel fitted?

the tools you need are as follows

needle nose pliers, punch or pin drift, hammer, small to medium, socket set

right look at the back of the brakes you'll see a little split pin holding another pin in place.

Pull that out carefully

then knock the pin towards the wheel left to right, does not need to come out but far enough to free the brake pads these will the drop to floor. Remove wipe clean and put some place safe.

Undo the front wheel retainer bolt thing it's made from the finest aluminum (cheese) be careful cos you'll need that. Lossen the pinch bolts then free the front wheel.
If your using a MX stand it's about now that the bike will fall over...

You should use the right grease on the spindle replace with road wheel, if you've not allready done so move the brakes to the next set of hole along cos they won't fit and then the bike will fall off the stand again.

There's torque settings you need a torqueas well...

do all the bolts back to first torque (pinch thight) the replace the pads in a similar manner as you got'em out. Youcan feel them clip into the roght location replace the retaining pin and split pin.

torque all bolts to final setting check connections and make sure work looks tidy the pump break lever to pump system up and you should now have a nice road tyre fitted. Try it when pushing it about, or very slow ride about breaks are fiddly and if you make a mistake it could be serious.

rear wheel is really easy...

Go gingerly if the wheels have not been used much the breaks are not bedded in well this can take about 100 miles...

hope that was some help.

So, after much pissing about the rims are on!

Next question is, are you lot using 2 different pairs of pads, a pair for the road wheels and a pair for the enduro rims?

The lee crem de la crem

Attachments

• HP 2 brembo.jpg
    HP 2 brembo.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 180

Back
Top Bottom