Hello all

scots_jon

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been lurking in the forum for some time, just to take advantge of the wealth of useful information and opinion on here, but I've never introduced myself.

Anyway, names Jon, live in London and got a 1150GS that I've had since I gave up my Yamaha XTZ750 a few years back.

Only really done road work, basic touring round Scandinavia etc, but I'd love to start getting off road. We had loads of bikes around the farm when I was growing up but never anything as heavy as a GS! So I reckon booking myself on the BMW offroad skills course is a first step.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all, it's a great forum. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person.

Cheers,
Jon.

Jons XTZ750

Gday Jon im new to UKgsers to so i'll hold off with the welcome. The mention of xtz brought back some good memories had one for a couple of years in 1995 i found it to be a good bike i do a lot of miles in OZ and only ever seen one other xtz in canberra, dont know what happened to them all.It would be interesting to know why Yamaha gave up on the big dualsport bikes, kind of dissapointing for a yamy fan owned( XT500,XT550,XT600 and 750.
I put 85k on my R1150GS now riding the GSA1200 still not over the 1150 though.
Cheers Geoff.

Hiya! - I used to have a Yam XT400! - it was one of the best bikes ever (maybe because I could service it in the Kitchen (in my student days!)!

Back
Top Bottom