Hello from sunny Rickmansworth!

Mrs Radar_UK

I have been told by my dear husband (Radar_UK) to come and say hello to you all, I don't know if it's customary on here to have a round of virtual drinks (maybe I should be in the virtual pub suggesting this?) but I have left my virtual American Express behind the bar :D

I've joined this forum (and subscribed) as I want to find out as much as I can about buying a F650GS as well as off road training and anything else I need to know.

I've been biking 7 years now, started on a little nc30, worked my way up to the plastic fantastic brigade (GSX600), then I fell in love with Ducati's and bought a 888 and I am currently riding a Monster 900 (that's me at Mallory).

mallory2.jpg

I love motorbikes, long rides, short blats, trackdays, racing but until now I haven't had a go at off roading and proper touring and it's something that my husband and I have talked about forever but never got round to doing it.

My husband Leigh is looking to get a 1150GS, my neighbour has one. A few of my friends in the UK Monster Owners club off road and I've just decided I want to get more from biking, I'm losing interest in riding at silly speeds, I've lost a friend this summer, I was nearly killed by a nutter in a Fiesta, another friend has been seriously hurt and the time has come for me to slow down, enjoy the scenery, take some long adventures and get out there instead of just dreaming about it.

I hope to start looking for a bike soon, in the meantime I'm gonna spend some time reading about all your adventures and just enjoying the forum.

Welcome Mrs Radar. :thumb2

There are plenty of ride reports here to keep you reading (and dreaming) for quite some time. :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8T2kXfePZnw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8T2kXfePZnw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this gives you an idea of the offroad course

Welcome, Mrs R.

It looks like you're considerably faster than me, so if you see an old, red airhead GS ahead of you, just pass. I'm used to it!

Good luck with tracking that bike down - but don't dismiss the old 'uns. An airhead is a lot of fun and (sometimes) not a vast stack of ££ to buy either. :thumb2

Anyway, it's good you're here - now Duchess will have someone to swap Monster stories with!:hide

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8T2kXfePZnw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8T2kXfePZnw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this gives you an idea of the offroad course

That brings back some fantastic memories, what a brilliant find, thank you Lo-IQ.

Welcome to the forum Mrs Radar-UK, its good to have you with us. Come and say hello to some of the other ladies in the 'Heels On Wheels' section of the forum, you'll be made most welcomed (although it is a little quiet here this time of year - Holiday season so I'm told :) )

Enjoy your stay with us and hopefully we may meet on one of the many get-togethers organised throughout the forum.

Nice bike BTW.... and yes I have a soft spot for Ducati's myself. Can't beat the GS for some off-road fun though.

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel at home already :)

I do like the Heels on Wheels, although in my case being a short arse it's platforms on wheels! (doesnt have quite the same ring does it) but I will come and introduce myself in there too.

I'm planning to go and look at Noddy Made Me's 650 this weekend, so I may well have a new bike to play with by this time next week :roll

I'm keeping the monster though, I have a hooligan streak which needs unleashing every once in a while! ;)

Thanks for the video clip too, just watched it and it looks like hard work but bags of fun! :D

Hello

Hi there .. Know exactly where your coming from .. just trying to sell mine at the moment (Senna S4) while looking for a suitable replacement.
Wish I could keep both .. I really do .. but money blah blah space blah blah..
Nice pic btw.
Tom.

Hi there .. Know exactly where your coming from .. just trying to sell mine at the moment (Senna S4) while looking for a suitable replacement.
Wish I could keep both .. I really do .. but money blah blah space blah blah..
Nice pic btw.
Tom.

Thats a real shame you have to sell the S4 :( my husband used to have one which I was allowed to play with once in a while and they're a scream!

I considered selling my monster for about ooooh 5 minutes, put a thread on the UKMOC forum to ask about prices and everyone said DON'T SELL IT, did'nt need much persuading really after all you can never have enough bikes, they're a bit like shoes and handbags, you need one for every occassion! :cool:

I considered selling my monster for about ooooh 5 minutes, put a thread on the UKMOC forum to ask about prices and everyone said DON'T SELL IT, did'nt need much persuading really after all you can never have enough bikes, they're a bit like shoes and handbags, you need one for every occassion! :cool:

LOL ...... I think you'll fit in quite nicely with us ladies here.

Back
Top Bottom