Greetings!

oldenoughtoknowbetter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A great forum and a privilege to join you.
Live in Suffolk UK and owned BMW bikes for many years. But never a GS before buying my 1200GSA from Balderstons, Peterborough October '06. Hasn't been without its problems. Carted away for a new gearbox oil seal in March then left me stranded in western Ireland :beer: recently with an EWS immobiliser problem. :( Recovery took four days to get the bike back to Dublin but that's another story. EWS remains a worry. Bike presently ok but EWS can lock you out anywhere and any time. BEWARE! Ride Safe.
Dave.

Bugger

Hi there OETKB,

You have had a bad time of it with your 1200, still it can only get worse, I mean better!!!!!!!:D

Glad I kept my 1150, with stories like your, I've only had my final drive give up in France:spitfire (It was the last day of our tour)....

Welcome..:clap

Dave & Val

Very many thanks to you both.
I suppose we have to accept that things will go wrong every now and then though mine's not an ideal introduction to the GS experience. No doubt many can tell of worse. I love the bike when it's running well but do wonder what's likely to happen next. Twelve months trouble-free would be nice!
Thanks again,
Dave.:)

Back
Top Bottom