Nolan to Zumo bluetooth anybody?

drifter

Reaction score
Having just spent the last two days downloading and sorting new Zumo 550 have big problems connecting to my Nolan 102 N-Com helmet. I have connection from the Zumo to the phone alright but when it tries to connect to Nolan it connects briefly and then disconnects automatically.Likewise I can connect and have been using the phone through the helmet without problems, anyone experiencing similar. Thanks as always in advance.:beer:

Sorry to hear about above said probs, I personally haven't had a problem with same setup.

Hein Gericke sorted out any probs with helmet.....Garmins helpline very helpful with Zumo550 related problems.

Hope you get it sorted, as both devices with well together.

Have fun..:thumb2

Have you tried both HS and HF profile on the Nolan N-Com? It may work better with one thasn with the other.

Sorry HS, HF ????????????????????? need to expand on this if you can. I presume they are frequency related but how to switch from one to the other, thanks. :beer:

Sorry HS, HF ????????????????????? need to expand on this if you can. I presume they are frequency related but how to switch from one to the other, thanks. :beer:

These are "profiles" for the bluetooth connection. HS: Headset profile, HF, Hands-free profile.

You cannot switch between the two, you need to select one or the other when you first pair something with the helmet. Start with the helmet switched off. Now hold down the centre button and keep it pressed. After some time (~20s?) all of the lights will start flashing rapidly. You will have down this before when you paired the zumo or phone. This is the helmet in HS pairing mode. (or HF, I can never remember which way round).

If you do not release the buton but keep it pressed, after a short time (~10s?) the lights will start to flash in a different pattern, even faster if memery serves. This is the helmet now in HF pairing mode (or maybe HS, the other one anyway).

HS is the most common profile, but sometimes HF will work better.

It might be work considering reading the manual.

Cheers,
Jon.

scots jon, you are a star. Thanks to you the system is working and as you said on the second setting, HS OR HF, connected straight away, no problems. Thanks again and to all those who so willingly contributed to assisting me. I only hope some day I can do likewise. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom