GPS nightmare

the celt

Reaction score
...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Ki
Lads & Ladies,
This gps v is doing my head in, I phoned garmin this morning and your man tells me I should have got a europe map city source cd with the gps, now this is where the problem lies I brought the bloody thing 2nd hand and your man I got it off gave me a mapsource cd of uk roads which is not compatable with the V, now do I go round to his house with a hurl and beat lumps out of him, or will once again will "GPS GSer's" save me from this mental torture or inprisonment.
keeping calm
jose

Jose,

Sadly even if we wanted to help we couldn't, thanks to Garmin's anti-piracy set-up the mapsource unlock code is linked to our units serial number.

If you did lay your hands on a copy of City Select it would be locked to the unit it was originally registered with.

I have heard that the bona-fide owner of the city select software can register it with TWO units he or she owns...

Continued...

BOTTOM_LINE You do need to go back to the original owner and ask him for the CD, he may have only unlocked one region but you might be lucky with unlocking the rest.

If all else fails, save yourself a load of heartache and swap it for my GPSIII which has a built in world map down to the detail you need for your trip :D

Thanks Howard & Judge,
Hes in Asia at the moment back next week, so will pay him a visit hopefully its just a misunderstanding, thanks again for the offer judge will get back to you if im not spending six months inside for GPH....
I hate IT give me spanners any day
jose

Back
Top Bottom