What side cases are you using???

ChrisM

Hey Rick,

I have an 04 Adventure, GREAT bike!!!! What side cases are you using??? I have the Adventure Alum cases which I love. If you have the same make sure you get extra hinges. It took me almost 2 1/2 months to get one hinge. When I got the replacement hinge, the dealer was kind enough to send 2. I've had mine for 4 months and have 10,000 miles on mine already with no trouble what so ever.

Ride long, Ride safe!!!

Chris....

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the tip. Being new to the world of BMW (2 wheels, anyway) and unaware of the alternatives (..a la Touratech) I plumped for the same as you. They look nice but are very wide in traffic and I find the plastic hinges/locks very suspect with respect to giving any real security. I'm therefore planning some additional metalwork mods of my own...

I recently took the Adventure to the French Alps with a group of Honda VFRs and they were all mightily surprised/impressed with the BMW's performance :D

Can't wait to get going...

R.

I like them!!!

Hi Rick,

I was looking at the different cases they have here in the U.S. for the Adventure and just kept coming back to BMW's cases. I like the looks. They're made to complement the bike itself. You're absolutely right about them being a bit wide in traffic, I find I can't split the lanes the way I use to. The latches I've had no problems with. I haven't had any problems with the other hinges either. I just had a lid fall back all the way and POP, the hinge shattered. My bike has been absolutely flawless. It was just the 2 1/2 months waiting to get a new hinge. The performance is great. I've had mine every where from up the west coast of the U.S. at sea level to 12,000 feet in the mountains of Colorado and the Adventure has done nothing less than GREAT.

Let me know how your other rides go. My next one will be back up the west coast of the U.S. and a second ride down central Baja, Mexico to the southern tip.

If you got pics of rides, I'd sure be interested in seeing them. I can't post on this forum, but I have some if you're interested. You can email me at swhp@citlink.net.

Ride safe and ride long!!!!

Chris.....

Should've bought Verns! Get a link onto Advrider forum and see if Vern is up for some overseas business.

theres a guy in aachen germany who does cases and other travel stuff by name of Bernd Tesch. I'm sure he has a website, not sure what his prices are like but he's been making them for over ten yerars now.

Try.....

J718HSL said:
theres a guy in aachen germany who does cases and other travel stuff by name of Bernd Tesch. I'm sure he has a website, not sure what his prices are like but he's been making them for over ten yerars now.

Here

Thats him alright. An intersting guy, does like to promote himself a lot but then that is his business I suppose. Interesting people at his meets.

I've used the BMW ones, the Touratech ones and have now settled on Metal Mule (www.metalmule.com) The ease of removing them (takes seconds and you don't need to unpack them or waste space with inner bags) and the carrying handles really make a difference

Available for all the usual bikes and build near Brighton...

They are good enough for world record holders Kevin & Julia Sanders!

Back
Top Bottom