Couldn't resist a piccy or two

The Bede

Reaction score
... Will my bum look big on this? (The lovely F weighs the fashion possibilities)

CIMG0224-1.jpg

... The Power Ranger shot ('cept I seem to have shrunk her in the wash!)

CIMG0234.jpg

... Prawn on the banks of the River Plate, downtown BsAs in the background

CIMG0248.jpg

... The 'Obelisco' bang smack in the middle of BsAs on Neuvo de Julio, FWIW the world's widest avenue

CIMG0253.jpg

... Bede and Prawn smokin' at Puerto Madero, the BsAs equivalent of London's docklands

CIMG0262.jpg

... More gloating to follow in due course - John

You lucky lucky lucky bastard:D

John I'm envious on at least 2 levels:D

So the snows gone now...?
Worst winter there in decades, but you've got blue skies now!!

Enjoy the place... suerte.:thumb2

The best laid plans of mice and men

... I've got to study, why don't you take the Prawn for a nice long spin

CIMG0210.jpg

... Slightly nervous, having heard rumours of Diego's new bear suit, I suit up and hit the coast road east from BsAs. There's a national park at the mouth of the River Plate near the town of Magdalena, it seems like plan. But I seem to have found the Cervantes equivalent of Milton Keynes,where they've kept the concrete but swapped the cows for horseman (however stoned the guy was I never saw him tumble off though Tim :augie)

CIMG0299.jpg

... I was planning to take a piccy or two of a nice pampas town on my way through. It was only after I'd grabbed a coffee at the Petrobras gas-station, which I didn't feel deserved recording for photo-posterity, that I realised I'd just had coffee in the best place in town :tumblweed

... So it was off the park, I've got the map so I know it's here somewhere :reynolds

CIMG0302.jpg

... Look out it's behind you :eek: (and I could have been in scenic Oonyackistan this weekend :blast)

CIMG0301.jpg

... Giving up on a bad job, and freezing my ass off in a bitter coastal wind I hit the road back towards BsAs, 50kms of this on near shagged BT020s

CIMG0306.jpg

... Note to self: - Get some Tourrances on soon, having discovered last week that there are no V rated sets to be had in town, this Bede can at least bask in the glow of smug self-satisfaction 'cos I bought a set with me :thumb

... That's all for now folks :flush

Flatlanding

... Thought I'd hit the road to Rosario a week or so back, get out of the city, this was an interesting bit of the ride up :Motomartin

CIMG0317.jpg

... Rosario is the second largest city in Argentina, famous for having the most beautiful girls in the country :boobies

... And also the Monumento Nacional de la Bandera, for the liberators and defenders of Argentina.

CIMG0323.jpg

... Next to the 'Bandera' is the Monumento Nacional de las Malvinas, which might have interested the odd tosser, unfortunately the camera battery failed before getting any photies. Being smarter than your average Bede I had of course packed my charger, only to have left my adapator widget back in BsAs :blast

... It has however saved me potential :wife for taking lots of pictures of the (stunningly) gorgeous girls.

... Seriously all you single chaps :)augie), if you're at a loose end I cannot hesitate to recommend Rosario highly enough :eyebrow

... The Prawn, however, always attracts lots of ... ahem ... legitimate attention :thumb

CIMG0325.jpg

... So I returned to BsAs rather light on the old happy snappy front.

... This week took another spin out into the flatlands :tumbleweed It's so flat makes the Fens, or even the flatter bits of Holland seem interesting :sleep. At least with the Fens, or Holland, you're through them quicker than you can shake the last drip off yer ol' chap, however the 'pampas' that surround BsAs are pan flat for about 500Kms in all landward directions.

... Once in a while you find one of these, it's a corner and it's been so long since I saw the last one that I've forgotten how to 'do' them, so I stopped, recorded the location for posterity, and pushed the damned bike round the bend :blast

CIMG0333.jpg

... However, having failed to record and display the Rosario Malvinas monument, I was pleasantly surprised, it being a sunny day n'all, to find the BsAs version aside the highway, bit of a dumpy location I thought it was a bit like moving the Cenotaph to Croydon :nenau

CIMG0336.jpg

CIMG0345.jpg

... More nonsense ... erm ... eventually :beer:

Your living the dream.

Not sure who's though.

Roll me a fat one Bede :cool

Sorry, no new piccies this post

Booked 5 week trip April 2008 with GLOBEBUSTERS into those parts do I need to learn how to TANGO ?

... If you want to learn tango BsAs is the place to do it, even the more cosmopolitan corners of Hampshire, pleasant place though it is, are unlikely to provide the same educational ambience.

... Ahem, will sir be bringing his own Tango partner :eyebrow

... Globebusters offered me great advice (thanks Julia :thumb) when I started planning my li'l trip even though I wasn't going to use their services, obviously tip-top people. You'll have a great time.

Whatton said:
Roll me a fat one ...

... :spl1f:

... And spring is springing and will soon be sprung :D

... Week or two before I get any more piccies I suspect, see what turns up. Adios :boobies

Airoplaine tickets arrived today, paid 1st installment to GLOBEBUSTERS last week.

Picking up an ADV Tank tonight, TWAT suit bought NO TURNING back now !

Keep looking at our guinnee pigs :(

I (really, really, really) hope normal service will be resumed soon

... The plan for this week, commencing sept 10th, was a trip to Cordoba about 500 miles from Buenos Aires, where the flatlands end and more interesting terrain emerges. As the lovely F has exams looming, she would forego the pleasure of my company to stop home and revise, while Prawn and I head for the twisties for a couple or three days :beer: :beer: :beer: etc.

CIMG0346.jpg

... Triffic idea, thought I'd get an earlyish start on Monday and hit the road at the crack of ... ooh ... about 0930.

... Everything was going absolutely swimmingly until about 0545 on Monday morning when I was woken with a pain in my chest like I'd been trodden on by a baby elephant and my arms were aching and lacking even enough strength to lift a morning cuppa :yikes

... Normally calm morning demeanour considerably ruffled, morning glory considerably less glorious than normal, and after a considerable :wife by 0600 I'd managed (with much assistance from F) to get into a pair of jeans, get a T-shirt on and get into a taxi ... destination Hospital Aleman. (It's quicker, cheaper and more reliable than getting an ambulance, which will eventually take you to a hospital of their choice, rather than yours, for a commission. Also only having about 20pesos in cash I knew Hosp Aleman would take Amex and I know it to be well equipped following April's deafening kiss incident.)

... First question - "Are you having a heart attack?"
... Smart answer - "No I'd be dead by now!"
... Smarter question - "How would you know that then?"
... Tetchy answer - "Shuduppayaface!"

... Anyway to cut to the chase, I have just been discharged (not a term I use lightly in a medical context!) from the aforementioned teutonic health spa after a three day all inclusive RnR mini-break. The lovely F captured the scene for posterity, on day two, on her camera-phone.

HospAleman2.jpg

... For those with a medical bent I was in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, they had just removed the nitro-glycerine drip (WTF they needed to pipe that into me for I have no idea, but sure as hell I wasn't arguing ... or smoking!), leaving me on plain dextrose solution complete with heart monitor, breathing monitor, blood pressure monitor, a machine that goes 'ping' and a box full of drugs that even Keith Richards would have to double-take at.

... Bottom-line, scarring (fibrosis) in the heart had caused me a major Angina incident and I've most certainly had a few previous incidents in the past which I will have passed off as wind, indigestion, exceptionally wicked skunk etc. Next stage is the full blown heart attack :eek: (Apparently this is like being trodden on by a full grown adult African elephant, rather than a mere babe!)

... I can only express gratitude for the :wife as the quacks have informed me I was getting far too close to :angel for comfort and the usual Bede resistance to anything conventionally prescribed was not helpful in the interests of my long term survival :augie

... They wanted to move me to a 'normal' Cardiac ward today and keep me in until Saturday. I declined on the basis that I wasn't getting any sleep, was finding the food inedible and hence not eating. Besides I reckon I'll be happier and healthier watching the Rugby in the p&q of the apartment. I have to swallow my pride and follow a prescribed course of drug treatment :cool:.

... Obviously promises have been made to return PDQ to the ICU at the merest hint of a twinge. I have a check-up scheduled for next week and I'm banned from the Prawn for 48 hours until I know the drug course won't leave me wobbly or otherwise incapacitated (not that you'd notice given local driving standards!)

... Such is life and I'm stuck with this for the rest of mine. But, believe it or not, I'm not desperately unhappy. On Wednesday evening they bought a lad called Felipe into the ICU, ashen grey, all the pipes and cables attached, several machines all going 'ping' and an oxygen mask. According to my nurse (the luscious Lilli) he's only got a few weeks if he doesn't find a new heart and the cash to have it installed - 22 years old!

... Enjoy it while you can people!

... Normal service will be resumed ASAP.

Farkin hell John. :eek: :eek:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate from Mandy & me.

Go easy on the "exercise" now won't you. :eyebrow

... P.S

... Thanks for the kind thoughts Aidan and Mandy, I'm sure a little gentle exercise will prove beneficial for the circulation :augie and if I'm going to be a young(ish) :angel I might as well do it with a :D on my face.

... Ahem ... make sure you two youngsters don't leave it too late yourselves :eyebrow !!!

... What I also wanted to PS was to say fortunately I have ample insurance, and despite the natural reluctance for insurers to dip short arms into deep pockets, they have done the decent thing and ponied up for the fairly considerable hospital bill and will pay for the follow up.

:eek: Bit of a frightener Bede. Thankfully you are still here to tell the tale. Hope you get well soon.
I expect you will be stuck with England getting stuffed in the rugby on telly and getting your post count up on here for a while.
Remember to take it easy with 'hide the sausage' type games with the Latino filly for a little while ;)

Back
Top Bottom