Swap garmin unlock code (CN Europe V8 by CN North America V8)

walko

Hi. I´m new here, I haven´t a GS (I had a Dakar), but a V-Strom1000, great bike :thumb

I have a garmin quest, and I would like use the north america maps (City navigator 8, no NT version). Some people buy on ebay or USA, and they are american gps´s that come with USA maps.

Garmin allows unlock two units for each gps (in mygarmin, enter "unlock maps" and you can see "unlock second unit"). If you have a garmin quest or other unit that use CITY NAVIGATOR NORTH AMERICA 8 (very important¡¡¡ NON NT VERSION) and you like swap a unlock code (I send the european city navigator V8-non NT- unlock for your unit, and you send me the north america city navigator V8 -non NT- for my unit (the software is on the net, free), please send private message.

thanks

Sadly about a month ago Garmin announced no more second unlock, at least in the US. I even have a euro V8 that I cannot unlock to my new garmin. It is installed, partially on my 2730. I bought a 2610 last week in order to load all of europe and cannot.

Sadly about a month ago Garmin announced no more second unlock, at least in the US. I even have a euro V8 that I cannot unlock to my new garmin. It is installed, partially on my 2730. I bought a 2610 last week in order to load all of europe and cannot.

Interesting about the US bit, I can see that coming the UK's way very soon............

The reason why you can't unlock your v8 to a 2nd unit is because Garmin "feel it's unfair to offer Garmin customers v8 when v9 is available..........."

Yeah, I know what you're gonna say, been there, ranted about that :D

Hi. Yes... second unlock code option was finished by garmin one month ago. But if you have the second unlock code previuos, you can use it. Only if you register new unit now, you don´t get that option.

If somebody registered some months ago, an unit (quest, zumo550 or similar that use CN 8 north america -non NT-), he can use the second code. And I will be happy to swap it :thumb

Back
Top Bottom