If you ever drive a DRZ through Spain & France...

snoopy

NEVER NEVER NEVER remove the bar ends despite the advice from knowledgeable people on forums who say they are no use.

Below is a list of what broke before I got to Morocco. This does not include the loose front sprocket nut which led to all oil being dumped out on M1 and covering bloody everything...

1. brand new Sony camcorder switched to a 1/3 of; chinese/corrupted/language setting from menu. Fecked.

2. power transistor legs on LED indicator relay vibrated to the point of snapping. :eek: That is some serious vibes right there.

3. screen support right side fell off despite being under great pressure.

4. camelpak developed leak at bottom dumping water down trousers. Lovely.

5. the frame on my glasses cracked when riding (not hit or dropped)

6. all power sockets failed and plugs would habitually jump out.

7. soldering (which was top notch) fractured causing loss of audio.

8. vibes have worn Garmin Quest housing so it moves in RAM mount and doesn't get power.

9. my hands had a very odd sensation where everything would appear to be vibrating once I got of the bike. This was replaced by white fingers with no feeling. :eek:

Suffice to say I did not enjoy the journey down at all. :D:augie
I've had to cancel Greece until I get it sorted.

Why did you tell us that Snoops:D The know it allls will be circling like vultures now ready to rip you apart again :D
Where's the photos?

I'm afraid there won't be much footage, the camcorder didn't last very long and the camera on the Sony phone give up working as well (unless I went through the menu to operate it and I couldn't be fecked).

All of these problems could have been avoided had I kept the big bar ends on. But I had read... http://www.4strokes.com/tech/suzuki/drz400su.asp

Junk to Remove
1. Remove the bar end weights on the ends of your handlebars.

I've now fitted them and over-engineered/replaced/repaired everything else that failed so that I can try again sometime soon.

Well, at least you can't say your trips don't give you (and us :D) something to talk about... :augie

Hope you've got it all fixed now. :thumb2

You sure the camera did not break because you kept it in a plastic bag strapped to the fender?

Ok ok;) not one of my finest moments - but it was only there because it didn't bounce too well around my neck!

The DRZ is ready for the next adventure after I fit two more BMW type sockets (it has two already), and buy SM wheels with low gearing for the roads.

I'm spending on what-ever needs to be so that the problems I encountered do not occur again.

I don't mind posting "interesting" threads even if they do make me look a bit prattish. :D:thumb2

I don't mind posting "interesting" threads even if they do make me look a bit prattish. :D:thumb2

Neither do we, keep 'em comming and good luck.........
.you'll need it:D

so was this tour real or just in head...........no piccies.........mmmmmm

It was aborted in Spain due to passport expiration (which I didn't check - thought it was 10 yr but it was 5yr :eek:). New passport arrived yesterday. The trip is still on just waiting for parts from U.S and AUS... :type

Is this some sort of 'Iron Man' marathon thing..?

Why would anyone try to ride a small off road bike to Spain? Admire your spirit though.. good luck.

I've done it once now and I'll do it again. Think the cam chain is about to snap though, got to get it sorted first.

perhaps a newer drz would be better.......to do the tour on.......i'll get me coat.lol

It was aborted in Spain due to passport expiration (which I didn't check - thought it was 10 yr but it was 5yr :eek:). New passport arrived yesterday. The trip is still on just waiting for parts from U.S and AUS... :type

Give yourself a good slap Snoops :blast:D

Back
Top Bottom