Autocom and Music Modification

richwi

Having recently purchased a KT 21 and 31 (which is outstanding), I'm wondering if anyone has thought of, or tried the following:

The old systems don't allow music input (one of the reasons these kits are going at just £50 each). It occured to me though, that the 6 (?) pin connector that sicks out of your helmet COULD be wired into something from your walkman/CD couldn't it? I mean, if some electronics wizzo wired the right connector which you could plug from the CD player to the autocom lead....then when you're riding on my own (most of the time), you could plug into music. You couldn't doit when using the system as ian intercom of course...but that wouldn't be an issue for me at all.

Am I missing something, or does someone think this is possible?
If so this would be VERY cool! :)

Regs,

Richard

Well it doesn't look like anyone's tried it...or knows if it will work. I am going to drop by a really good car audio shop I know in Derby sometime in the next week. I'll take the kit in there and speak with them. I reckon someone in there should know if it can be done. Whatever the outcome, I'll then post another reply and let you know (if anyone's interested!).

Richard

Rich

If the 6-pin thungummy that stick out of your helmet:rolleyes: is an input/output plug, then you just need to know which pins are the audio input, and you should be able to wire the headphone output from your walkman into that - you just need a lead with a stereo mini-jack (2.5mm or 3.5mm, can't remember which) on one end, and the connector for the helmet plug on the other end, wired up according to the pin-outs for audio input.

Does that make sense?

Pete,

Yup, sure does, and that is what I was hoping! Thanks. I will drop down to that Audio store sometime this week and see if they can wire something up for me. I'm sure that with a bit of trail and error, they should be able to sort something out.

Music on the move here I come!

Richard

done it

i have a motorola helmet speaker and mic set which i adapted to plug my minidisk into..

the plug at the end of the headset on the helmet was female so i went into a electronics place and bought a blank male..

i plugged it into the headset and with a old headphone cable i opend the wires and touche dteh two in different combinations on the pins till i got sound, then i just soldered thema nd sealed it up..

i now have great sound in my helmet. the headphones were stereo and nice n flat..

ps the minidisk is better than cd/radio whatever cause u dont get any problems with the cd jumping and the batterlife is amazing..

got the headphone kit in maplins along with the blank connector

goto www.maplin.co.uk

Helmet Speaker and Microphone Kit £29.99

the blank plug is only about 2 quid as well..

Back
Top Bottom