routes on GPS60C and mapsource don't match

roddy

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I recently got a Garmin GPS60C, awesome bit of kit but I'm getting a bit lost when creating routes on Mapsource (latest version) with MetroGuide Europe V8.

I can create the route in mapsource fine and transfer it to the GPS unit, but when I select the route on the GPS unit and select navigate, it calculates the route (which I thought mapsource had already done ?) and from here at no point does it match the route that I created on mapsource it rarely even follows the round but generally takes direct routes (like being offroad) to various points then goes in the genral direction of the route but again not following the roads.

I have "Lock onto Roads" switched on, I have checked that in mapsource Autorouting is selected and not direct route.

View attachment screen.bmp

above is a screen shot from the unit as you can see the "route line" does follow the roads (the image was taken with the GPS function switch off but it does the same when its receiving a healthy GPS signal)

anybody any ideas :nenau cause I'm lost

Cheers

Last edited:
Yes I have the same and somewhat agree with you. It has to calculate it for itself. WTF but mine will do the route you asked for as long as you don't miss a turn. Then it recalculates again....

Tres etrange. But its a really nice tool.

Metroguide is non autorouting software when it is sent to the gps by Mapsource .If you want it to autoroute you have to use a third party application called metrowizz.I have it working on my Gpsmap 60c.
you have to make sure all the maptiles around the route are on your gps or it will calculate it using the base map
Dave

Edit: http://www.geodude.nl/gps/modules/xfguestbook/index.php

Back
Top Bottom