GPS advice - 2620 or Zumo?

cartejo5

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm a complete novice when it come to GPS. Currently I don't own one however I'm torn between buying a Garmin 2620 off of ebay for £120 ish apparently fully factory recon with 12 mth guarantee (which will fit straight into the mount the bike came with) or a new Zumo 550 which i've seen advertised at £380.

I appreciate these are significantly different units I'm just trying to decide whether its really worth spending the extra money on the Zumo - it just seems bizarre to spend almost £400 on a GPS when the bike only cost £3k having said that i guess thats not really the point\issue?

Opinions\advice please?

Thanks
John

it just seems bizarre to spend almost £400 on a GPS when the bike only cost £3k
My bike is worth half that figure and yet I run a Zumo 500 on it because you can take the Zumo off when you sell it.

Plus you really need a good GPS, BTW think about a Zumo 500 ,it is lot sight cheaper than the 550 and you just need to buy an SD card to load the maps.

Tim:rob

Gotta be a Zumo

Zumo.....

Do it.....

I have got one for this summer (b-day pressie off my v.good lady!) and its very good. Touchscreen is excellnet in use. its clear and easy to use.

PLUS get the car cradle and use it in your car!!!!

DOH!

:hug

I can't remember, but isn't the 2620 the one with the micro-harddrive, that isn't suitable for a bike?

I'd recommend the zumo, for no other reason than - it comes with all the bracketry included for £392 delivered (Global Gizmos)

Al :D

think about a Zumo 500 ,it is lot sight cheaper than the 550 and you just need to buy an SD card to load the maps.

Tim:rob

Am I right in understanding this. Does teh full Europe mapping come with the City Navigator DVD and that all you have to do is copy it to an SD card to load into a Zumo 500?

Back
Top Bottom