BMW Off Road Course: 31st/1st

Padge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Other than getting a reciept of payment, I've got nothink from them about this course. No details of when where etc.
So does anyone know the story:
Where we meet?
What time is kick off?
Do we drop off at hotel first (and will they allow early check in)?
Is there a supply of drinking water, or do we need bottles?
Do we need to bring ham sandwiches or are they providing vittels?

Finally.. Who's going on Level 1 on these dates? So far I think it's:
Jockser
Dakar Gal

I'm fairly sure you'll get something b4 the kick-off ;) But just in case - (based on last years experience)

It's all based in the Millrace Hotel. Sign-on is in the meeting room opposite the front door of the hotel. Think it's about 09.00 or 09.30. The hotel will have guests in the rooms from the previous night so they won't be ready for ya but I think they'll take in your gear. Left mine in the pannier until we were finished for the day. Plenty of room at sign-on to change into your new :ymca gear.

The first half of Day 1 is in a field beside a pub (but far enough away that ya can't sneak off for a swift 'alf :() where we get lunch both days. Day 2 you ride down off the mountain for lunch & back up afterwards. Water is available in the field & on the mountain - GS650's have a handy spot at the rear carrier which will hold the bottle - well' until ya fall off that is ;)

Last year dinner in a local restaurant at the end of Day1 was included. I got a seat at Paveys table & spent the evening being regaled by tales of daring do :D

Soon be only 8 more working days to go :bounce1:bounce1 :aidan

Padge said:
Finally.. Who's going on Level 1 on these dates? So far I think it's:
Jockser
Dakar Gal

Psst, don't forget BB1 :eek

I've just spoken to BMW Ireland and there are some places left for the Off Road skills course on the 29th an 30th and the 2nd an 3rd if anyone is still interested.....

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ie/

click on 07 events

Booked as well

I'm booked as well.

Did the course in Wales in May on what must have been the hottest weekend end of the year.

Fair play to Mr & Mrs Pavey and Co. they made us drink gallons of supplied bottled water. Two 500 mil bottles fit nicely on the pillion handles of a 650 or behind the screen of a 1200.:thumb2:thumb2

Couldn't fault the set up in Wales with info etc.

Do think that we could do with more info from BM on the Irish Course. Maybe it's in the post :D

Hope you all enjoy the course, I did it last week in Wales. The second day had more trail riding, plenty of slow motion spills, I couldn't see for tears what a hoot.The only downside was that no one on our course was allowed a try on a GSA. Very disappointing but thats the policy according to Simon.They encourage you to drink plenty of the supplied water with the result that every time you stop someone heads for the bushes, if there are any!!!

Just been onto BMW Ireland (again!) and they are contacting everyone that is booked on the course with the Itinerary soon.

TORC email

Just got this from the TORC club....
Just brought to our attention and may be of interest to some of you, BMW and Simon Pavey are running an Off Road skills training course on the following dates and there are still some places available.
29th / 30th – august 9 PLACES LEFT

31st / 1st – aug/sept FULL

2nd / 3rd – sept 12 PLACES LEFT
To book and for further details click onto

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ie

and select 2007 events and off road skill course.

The 2 day course is at Bunclody and is on BMW G650X CHALLENGE and F650GS bikes.

Off home to pack my stuff. See youse in the sunny South East in the morning :bounce1:bounce1

Nice Bow wave shot of Jockser:

Attachments

• Jockser_Splash1.jpg
    Jockser_Splash1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 103
Nice Bow wave shot of Jockser:

Are you sure that's Jockser Paul?

I don't recognise the hemlet. :confused:

I don't recogniise the red outfit. :confused:

I don't recognise the black trousers with the purple writing? :confused:

Not to mention (but I will anyway) the glaringly obvious fact that the rider pictured (whoever he may be) is quite obviously too slim to be mistaken for the Beardy Bollix. :augie :rolleyes:

Are you sure that's Jockser ?

'Tis me alright :rolleyes: In my lightweight off-road gear cos it was too warm to wear anything else.

Aidan1150 said:
Not to mention (but I will anyway) the glaringly obvious fact that the rider pictured (whoever he may be) is quite obviously too slim to be mistaken for the Beardy Bollix. :augie:rolleyes:

It's probably as a result of all the weight I sweated off on the first day. But thanks for the compliment :p

kyle said:
is that the x-challenge jochen?
what did you think of it?

It is :thumb2
I really liked it.
Much more fun than an F650 & much lighter than a 12GSA. I don't know how it would be on soft boggy stuff as it's still quite heavy (for an off-road bike) but on the gravel tracks, walking paths & bits of forest we played in it was super. Even managed to spin the back wheel a few times without frightening the sh1te out of meself ;) It's quite tall but once you're on it, it's very manageable. Paveys mob had lifted the forks about an inch & deflated the rear shock slightly to ensure peeps didn't struggle with the height but full height is ok.

It would be a great bike for the stuff that makes up most of our off-road riding. In fact I was yearning for one on the PRC Run :bounce1

It wasn't given as a compliment and well you know it. :p

Are ya sure :nenau Certainly seemed like one to me :augie

Aidan1150 said:
Would have saved you from dropping the GSA twice. :eek:

Thought I didn't know about the second one didn't ya? :augie

As the Langer is the only one with a pic of that I knew it was only a matter of time before you saw it. Don't I keep tellin' ya the Adv is too heavy for little ole me. And anyway, that's only once each day :D
Anyone know where I can get a set of stabilisers which automatically activate when the bike comes to a stop ???

Back
Top Bottom