Pro-M1 Can it be Repaired?

judge

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent
I have a Pro-7 Sport which emits a high-pitched whine when both headsets are used - I believe one of the headset leads may have got 'pinched' at some point but I don't detect a break in the cable.

So the question is (and I guess I'm throwing this out there for GSrich :rolleyes: )
can it be repaired? Will it kill me? Or should I keep my eyes peeled for a 2nd hand hub?

I have a Pro-7 Sport which emits a high-pitched whine when both headsets are used - I believe one of the headset leads may have got 'pinched' at some point but I don't detect a break in the cable.

So the question is (and I guess I'm throwing this out there for GSrich :rolleyes: )
can it be repaired? Will it kill me? Or should I keep my eyes peeled for a 2nd hand hub?

As the Churchill dog will say "oooooooh yes" if one of your leads coming from your Pro main control unit has been damaged they are £10 replace and are supplied as a self fit. All you need is a good quality philips screwdriver to open your Pro up, the old lead will simply unplug for the new lead to plug in. Jobs a goodun....oh yeh the part will come with instructions and also a new Pro sticker.

Lead wise if its the riders lead you will need to order a Part 1592 or a Part 1593 for the pillion

Rich :beerjug:

As the Churchill dog will say "oooooooh yes" if one of your leads coming from your Pro main control unit has been damaged they are £10 replace and are supplied as a self fit. All you need is a good quality philips screwdriver to open your Pro up, the old lead will simply unplug for the new lead to plug in. Jobs a goodun....oh yeh the part will come with instructions and also a new Pro sticker.

Lead wise if its the riders lead you will need to order a Part 1592 or a Part 1593 for the pillion

Even I have managed to replace a lead successfully, so should be nothing to so highly skilled a technician as yourself :augie:augie:augie

The leads are specific :nenau I've had Autocoms for donkey's years and I had no idea I should plug one in favour of the other :confused:

So which is which Rich? Keep it simple, long or short should cover it :D

the longer is the riders and the shorter the pillion

That bit I didn't

I just thought I used the appropriate one dependent on where I mounted by control unit? The GS'ers location of choice (in space on airbox at the rear of the tank) meant for me I'd use the short one and send the long one back to the pillion.

For bikes that have space in the rear of the bike (as depicted in Autocom fitting diagrams using natty sports bikes as examples) I'd do the opposite.

But is there a technical reason that I've missed? Only started using it as an intercom recently, before that I ran solo and it handled bike2bike/GPS/Phone/MP3 comms only.

I won't apologise for hijacking my own thread as I doubt I'm the only one ignorant to this ;)

We did/do the same mate, on most of the systems you cn get away with running the rider lead to the pillion. The only system this is NOT possible on is the Super Pro AVi.

So mate if its the shorter lead that has been damaged its classed as the pillions lead in theory, so a Part 1593 will get you sorted chap

We did/do the same mate, on most of the systems you cn get away with running the rider lead to the pillion. The only system this is NOT possible on is the Super Pro AVi.

So mate if its the shorter lead that has been damaged its classed as the pillions lead in theory, so a Part 1593 will get you sorted chap

Thanks again Rich, I'll go and work out which it is and get an order placed :thumb2

This sort of thread is exactly why I have just spent a couple of hundred quid on an Autocom - wish they built motorcycles

Why not just fit two long leads, then mount the unit wherever you like and everyones happy :confused:

If his system is on a 1150 the longer lead would not be needed for the rider due to where his system is fitted and on the 1150's :augie

Back
Top Bottom