N59 King of the roads

nud1e

Reaction score
N59 Galway to Clifden is rated as 62nd best drive in the world by Top Gear magazine.
The Irish Mirror suggests that they try
the N56 from Donegal Town to Letterkenny through the Barnesmore Gap
the N15 from Letterkenny to Donegal
the R463 from Scarriff to Killaloe (one of my local roads, but mind the sightseers)
N67 Kinvarra to Kilrush, through the Burren (Corkscrew Hill, and all the tourist traps)
N71 Cork to Killarney (Clonakilty, Skibbereen, Bantry, Kenmare, Moll's Gap)

A run that I used to like was from Dromore, Co. Down through Waringsford, Katesbridge, Rathfriland, Hilltown to Rostrevor. Great views, great roads.

N59 Galway to Clifden is rated as 62nd best drive in the world by Top Gear magazine.The Irish Mirror suggests that they try
the R463 from Scarriff to Killaloe (one of my local roads, but mind the sightseers)
N67 Kinvarra to Kilrush, through the Burren (Corkscrew Hill, and all the tourist traps)

A run that I used to like was from Dromore, Co. Down through Waringsford, Katesbridge, Rathfriland, Hilltown to Rostrevor. Great views, great roads.

:thumb just behind the house..stunning views

N59 Galway to Clifden is rated as 62nd best drive in the world by Top Gear magazine.

Cripes! - They must have driven that road out of season!! Can't see Clarkson and co rattling around there behind the Summer season of bulging Bus Eirann coaches, overloaded backpacker minibuses and crawling Spanish motorhomes :eek:

Sure is a nice road when you have it to yourself :thumb

7235763-M.jpg

But as Aidan and others have pointed out - surely there are loads better :nenau In fact I know there are cos I've ridden some of them.

The Irish Mirror suggests that they try

Makes me almost want to buy a Goldwing.

Louisburgh to Leenane - "The Mayo Doctor" for me, I am sure I get younger every time I ride it.

Back
Top Bottom