Zumo stuck in bike cradle

Carrot

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any sort of swift usefull help? I have just used my Zumo 550 for the first time and upon returning home cannot for the life of me get the fecker out of the cradle!:mad:
I have tried to gently ease the top clamping pins out of the sockets in the back of the Zumo unit but the one side in particular dont want to know.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I have found that the holding pin on the throttle side of the Zumo is a bit tight particularly if you have nipped up the security screw tightly. I have lightly lubricated the pins & hinge with a squirt of ACF50 although WD40 or a spot of 3inOne oil will probably do the same job. A bit of regluar use does free things up.

If you totally unscrew & remove the security screw, gentle finger pressure under the throttle side flip down clamp usually releases it. I also replaced the Garmin security screw with the lockscrew version sold on this website which you can undo with your fingers.

Even if you don't tighten the security screw the vibration of the bike does it for you.

I have found that the holding pin on the throttle side of the Zumo is a bit tight particularly if you have nipped up the security screw tightly. I have lightly lubricated the pins & hinge with a squirt of ACF50 although WD40 or a spot of 3inOne oil will probably do the same job. A bit of regluar use does free things up.

If you totally unscrew & remove the security screw, gentle finger pressure under the throttle side flip down clamp usually releases it. I also replaced the Garmin security screw with the lockscrew version sold on this website which you can undo with your fingers.

Sorry to be a bit dense - but where is the security screw you refer to ?

The security screw is on the top of the cradle just by the release handle. You will have a pronged tool to undo / tighten it.

Jinxit:hug & Wicker:hug You are absolutely bl***y great. Found the security screw and the little fecker off.......at long last:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1
Thanks again:thumb

stuck zumo

Can anyone offer any sort of swift usefull help? I have just used my Zumo 550 for the first time and upon returning home cannot for the life of me get the fecker out of the cradle!:mad:
I have tried to gently ease the top clamping pins out of the sockets in the back of the Zumo unit but the one side in particular dont want to know.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
same thing happened to me last month phoned up supplier... but in the end brute force prevailed just make sure its not clamped down and the screw is unscrewed

Back
Top Bottom